Grants:Project/Wiki In Africa/Wiki Loves Women 2018/Timeline
Timeline for Wiki In Africa
|Milestone 1||Day Month Year|
|WikiData Drive with a focus on Witches, in collaboration with Les Sans pagEs||October 2018|
|Milestone 3||Day Month Year|
- 1 Timeline for Wiki In Africa
- 2 Monthly updates
- 3 Extension request
- 4 Extension request
Please prepare a brief project update each month, in a format of your choice, to share progress and learnings with the community along the way. Submit the link below as you complete each update.
Month 0: June 2018
- Signature of grant agreement
- Set up of the project management tools (central PM done on Trello. Otherwise using the usual dropbox/GoogleDrive/Skype/Hangout/Etherpad/Doodle combo)
- Agreements between WiA and the groups
- First online meeting with the teams
Month 1 : July 2018
- Official launch with the teams (well, some members of the teams...) at Wikimania !
- Agreements between WiA and the groups
- Still working on establishing the Trello
- First attempts to get the money sent to the teams
- First event in Uganda !
- Work on marketing and communication materials
- Templates for database building
- Discussions (and disagreements) about first global event (initial plan, working on sorcery. New plan: working on Wikidata to expend and improve already existing records, including Cameroon, Ivorian etc. teams). Organize quick training of team members with Harmonia. More tool digging planned in September
Month 2 : August 2018
- Second event in Uganda ! 
- still trying to get the money sent to the teams...
- mostly holidays for Isla and Flo
- Planning meetings with all team members
Month 3 : September 2018
- Monthly Meeting with PMs Uganda; Meeting now schedule every first Tuesday of the month
- Monthly Meeting with PMs Tanzania done. Planned a followup meeting for Tanzania team for last week in Sept due to connection issues (not done)
- Third Event organized in Uganda : Women In Technology Uganda
- All payments made for both Uganda and Tanzania for July and August as per contract
- Marketing materials adapted to 2018 and provided to teams (generic brochure and bookmarks still to follow)
- Generic press release template provided to teams
- First Marketing Material Purchased by teams
- Partnership MOA and participation letter templates supplied
- Facebook Group created "Mind the Gender Gap in Africa". First posts and seed invitations (30 members end of Sept).
- Lot's of brainstorming and talk about first global event (face to face meeting with Harmonia inside)
- Uganda started working on contact database and on "women to know" bookmarks.
- Social media Uganda, Tanzania, General
Month 4 : October 2018
- Fourth event in Uganda ! 
- Yet to receive the October Payment
- Marketing Material purchased
- Working with Luganda wikipedia (Translation of articles)
- Launch of occupation drive associated with Africa Cinema Month.
Month 5 : November 2018
- ongoing occupation drive associated with Africa Cinema Month.
- launch of work on the Event Toolkit
- Translation of English articles to luganda
Month 6 : December 2018
- Fifth Event:Uganda Bloggers
- submitted the mid-term report !
- ongoing publishing on the Facebook Group (invited a couple additional people, but playing low for now)
Month 7 : January 2019
Month 8 : February 2019
Midpoint report due date extension approval
Noting here that the Grantee's request for Midpoint report due date extension to 3 December 2018 has been approved. Approval is posted here. -- JTud (WMF), Grants Administrator (talk) 20:02, 19 November 2018 (UTC)
New end date
30th April 2019 with report during May
There was a delay in starting the project due to Wikimania and initial issues with getting the money to the teams in time, due to the SA reserve bank processes. It has also taken a while for the Tanzanian team to get organised and up-to-speed (which they now are). This extension will allow both teams to build up momentum through the 4 months, and host events around the International Day of Women on the 8th March. Islahaddow (talk) 08:44, 20 December 2018 (UTC)
@Islahaddow: I've approved this extension, thanks for explaining the reasons for the request around logistical delays and your involvement at Wikimania. The final report will now be due on May 31st 2019. I JethroBT (WMF) (talk) 15:42, 21 December 2018 (UTC)