Grants talk:Conference/R Ashwani Banjan Murmu/Annual Anniversary cum Conference of Santali Wikipedia
Hi R Ashwani Banjan Murmu, please note that in order for this proposal to be included as a part of the round review, you should:
- Add the amount requested in USD to all columns in the budget table, and also to the general information section (top right).
- Change the application status from 'draft' to 'proposed' by the submission deadline.
- Hii CAlmog (WMF) thanks for informing , it will be done today itself.R Ashwani Banjan Murmu (talk) 05:27, 10 September 2019 (UTC)
- @CAlmog (WMF): As you had advised we have added the requested amount in USD in budget table as well as in the general information. Kindly intimate us if anything further is required to be done by us.R Ashwani Banjan Murmu (talk) 18:11, 10 September 2019 (UTC)
Hi R Ashwani Banjan Murmu. Thank you for your efforts and motivation in engaging with this reviewing process. I reviewed your grant request and have some follow up questions.
- Can you please share a link to the community input survey, or to a survey analysis?
- Since not many survey responses were received, how do you intend to reach out to a minimum of 30 contributors?
- Considering the number of active Santali Wikimedians and friends of other wikipedians, we have set minimum 30 participants.
- Can you please specify more what kind of Wiki tools are you looking to work on?
- The major tools we are looking to work on are Editing tools, citation tools, anti vandalism tools, translating tools etc
- What will a successes look like?
- Participants of the conference will get the knowledge and they will implement them on their writing time.
- What can you do to plan in advance for post-event follow up?
- Regional (India, Bangladesh, Nepal) meet up will be organised to follow up the conference output.
- You mentioned you got a lot of support from the Bangladesh, Nepal and other Indian communities. Are you considering including those User groups as part of an outreach effort? Maybe as a coalition or a formal partnership? Also,do you intend to include any other outreach component?
- Yes, it could be considered as a kind of coalition between us.
- Do you have any plan on how to welcome newcomers to event?
- This event is only for active wikimedians to enrich their skills. but we can discuss the issue that how to engage newcomers during the conference.
- What other "invited delegates" are you planing to have?
- Here other invited delegates are the other than santali language wikipedian to whom we will be inviting from Odia Wikipedia, Bangla Wikipedia, Wikimedia Bangladesh Chapter and Punjabi wikipedia for key inputs.
- If you are giving away T-shirts, what is the need for an additional momento?
- T-Shirts are for all participants but memento are to honor our friends wikimedians and WMF representatives for supporting us. Santali Wikimedians are not going get any additional memento.
- Schedule: How flexible are you with the proposed event date? We have another potential event happening on the same dates, and in case both will get approved, we wouldn't want to overlap.
- If another program is already set on the mentioned date than we can behind the date for two week (22-23 February). But still preferably we would like 8-9 february as the date of events, because we have already changed the event date from 9-10 November 2018. Becasue the change of events may affects the availability of hotels and budgets.
Thank you for the work you have done on this grant proposal. We are excited for the opportunity to be a part of the first Santali Wikipedia community offline gathering. Best, CAlmog (WMF) (talk) 00:30, 19 September 2019 (UTC)