Grants talk:PEG/WM NO/Outreach GLAM
Thanks for the submission. My impression is positive with slight concerns regarding the list of the projects summarized in the application. I think the GLAM Conference 2011 and Wikipedia Academy should be proceeded within separate requests, while the contests in another application. However, my questions are as followed:
- Could you post more information about the GLAM Conference 2011, its schedule and the number of people attending it?
- What are the people constituting the jury for the competitions?
- What is the strategy to avoid the blow on the volunteerism by people contesting and the very active users that may get disparaged of it?
- Isn't it possible to organize the photo contest as a part of Wiki Loves Monuments in Norway?
Best regards.--Kiril Simeonovski 20:37, 21 November 2011 (UTC)
- This is about older version of the submission. Now it is for GLAM Conference 2012 only. Polimerek (talk) 10:20, 10 April 2012 (UTC)
I almost signed in the section below, but my concern is about the costs. 2000 dollars seems to be too much for a dinner, and 1000 too much for a serie of copies. Can you elaborate how many people will be in this dinner, and what kind of print is that (since some are really too expensive)? Béria Lima msg 22:07, 13 April 2012 (UTC)
- Hi, the per person serving at a modest restaurant in Norway is USD 100 per peson. There are 25 volunteers and 10 contributors to the acadamy, plus c. 60 participants signed up. The dinner is first of all for the volunteers and speekers, and it will cost much more than 2.000 dollars if all the relevant people join in. the residual will be covered by WMNO. Kind regards, Bjoertvedt (talk) 17:39, 15 April 2012 (UTC)
- According to US public diet site, Oslo is slightly more expensive than New York City as of november 2011. Those were the last avalable comparable dates last time I checked. If you look at US Per Diem, that is USD 186 per day in Oslo. If we calculate 75% of that, we reach some 140 USD per day in per diem. We are well below that. Bjoertvedt (talk) 17:40, 15 April 2012 (UTC)
Explanation of terms
Thanks for this proposal. It's fairly clear, but could you explain what the budget item "localities" means, exactly? Also, what are "compensations" for lecturers, as distinct from the reimbursements in different budget items? Thanks. Asaf Bartov (WMF Grants) talk 21:35, 16 April 2012 (UTC)
- "Localities" is our share of the bill for the conference center (Hotel Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel).
- If I understand it correctly: "Compensations" is meant as a buffer for potential reimbursements (we expect to get some after the seminar), while the other budget items are reimbursements we already have committed to. Regards, Kjetil_r 21:13, 18 April 2012 (UTC) (board member, WM Norway)
GAC members who have read this request but had no comments
- Indeed - Norway seems to be very expensive country :-) But anyway, this grant is OK for me. Polimerek (talk) 10:20, 10 April 2012 (UTC)
- I'm pretty happy, you seem to have your stuff together on this grant. Craig Franklin (talk) 11:31, 11 April 2012 (UTC).
- Abbasjnr (talk) 04:04, 17 April 2012 (UTC)
- --Ilario (talk) 10:01, 18 April 2012 (UTC)
- This is definitely a very well prepared request for a rich GLAM program. Even the fact that Norway is a very expensive country, requesting 16,000 USD for an annual program makes it not that much. I hope that you will slightly move the dates for the activities, as it is already 21 April.--Kiril Simeonovski (talk) 00:12, 21 April 2012 (UTC)