Indic MediaWiki Developers User Group
- Wikicontest (under development)
GSoC: The Userscript Tour
We conducted monthly meeting with team members in April 2021.
Small wiki toolkits: South Asia 2021
This initiative has been designed to impart basic to intermediate level technical skills for volunteers working on Wikimedia projects of languages in the South Asian region. It is a part of Small wiki toolkits initiative to help small wikis develop their capacities in various technical areas. In 2020, Indic-TechCom, technical wing of Indic MediaWiki Developers User Group, in collaboration with WMF's Developer Advocacy team, designed and conducted a technical workshop series: SWT Indic Workshop Series 2020. Community members found these workshops quite helpful in developing their technical skills and their wiki communities' growth. The learning from these series has been documented in report. To increase the impact and also to make this initiative sustainable, it has been expanded to the larger South Asian region. Please know more about at Small wiki toolkits - South Asia 2021.
Although, the user group was involved in all workshops but the following workshop is taken by the user group team member.
- 1. Debugging template errors
- In this workshop, we will learn how to address the common template errors on wikis (related but not limited to importing templates, translating them, Lua, etc.). Please find recording at commons:File:Small wiki toolkits 2021 - Debugging templates workshop.webm
- 2. Designing responsive main pages
- In this workshop, we will learn to design main pages of a wiki to be responsive. This will allow the pages to be mobile-friendly, by adjusting the width and the height according to various screen sizes. Please find recording at commons:File:Small wiki toolkits 2021 - Designing responsive main pages.webm..
Group photograph - Debugging template errors workshop (27 March 2021)
Apart from this, 11 users joined the Indic MediaWiki Developers User Group in 2021. See Indic_MediaWiki_Developers_User_Group/People_involved#Members.