- The following discussion is preserved as an archive of a closed Meta-Wiki request. Please do not modify it.
Note: Fluxbot was previously approved and flagged, but became inactive, so will need to be reflagged. I am not planning on reactivating Task 1 at this time.
- This is a bot request for cleaning up routine errors related to Category:Pages using invalid self-closed HTML tags. This bot runs under AWB. The primary reason for bot request is to take advantage of
nominornewtalk when updating user_talk:. These jobs will be run supervised for general errors, and semi-automatic should a single highly-specific replacement run be made (such as an errant user signature).
This is essentially the same tasks approved on other projects:
— xaosflux Talk 18:55, 7 August 2016 (UTC)
- Note that you can't edit the translation pages directly. You have to either fix the translatable page's markup, or identify issues in the translations. Nemo 19:14, 7 August 2016 (UTC)
- Yes thank you, I am a translation administrator, primarily for that type of update. I am already fixing most of these errors via my user account, but want to avoid triggering the "you have new messages" banner when updating user_talk pages. — xaosflux Talk 19:35, 7 August 2016 (UTC)
- Related note, Category:Pages using invalid self-closed HTML tags is a tracking category, and is very slow to update for existing pages in the category. Searches help to identify these pages better in most cases. — xaosflux Talk 19:36, 7 August 2016 (UTC)
- Is there anything anyone would like to see to move this forward? — xaosflux Talk 14:24, 10 August 2016 (UTC)
- Seeing contribs and tests done at Commons, and considering that this task needs to be performed, I Support this request. Thanks for volunteering.--Syum90 (talk) 14:09, 11 August 2016 (UTC)
Approved and flagged. —MarcoAurelio 20:43, 11 August 2016 (UTC)
- The above request page is preserved as an archive. Please do not modify it. Comments about this page should be made in Meta:Babel or Meta:Requests for help from a sysop or bureaucrat.