- The following discussion is preserved as an archive of a closed Meta-Wiki request. Please do not modify it.
Not ending before 23 November 2020 16:34 (UTC)
Hello, can I be "Translation administrator"? Thanks! --מושך בשבט (talk) 16:34, 16 November 2020 (UTC)
- Comment Hello @מושך בשבט:. Have you read specifically the local policy for translation administrators? Do you have any previous experience with these tools, what are your goals with tool and what do you plan to do with this tool? It would be better if you explain. --Uncitoyentalk 16:52, 16 November 2020 (UTC)
- Per Uncitoyen, you can be a translation admin, what you need to tell us is why you need the tools. Have you helped to prepare any pages for translation before? Do you know how to properly markup a page for translation. Thanks for your interest, we need these to see if you are ready for the right. Thanks. Camouflaged Mirage (talk) 16:54, 16 November 2020 (UTC)
Uncitoyen, ::I have a translator permission in TranslateWiki, I have translated Wikipedia entries, and I have done some translations here (for example: TECH NEWS, Community Wish Survey and many more pages). --מושך בשבט (talk) 16:58, 16 November 2020 (UTC)
- @@Camouflaged Mirage:@@Uncitoyen: מושך בשבט (talk) 17:05, 16 November 2020 (UTC)
- @מושך בשבט The issue here isn't you had done translation, is that do you know how to mark up a page for translation, or use the tools. Translating pages alone don't need TA and TA doesn't give you any more rights other than to mark a properly marked up page for translation. Translator permission at translatewiki.net is irrelevant, it can be obtained by translating 20 sections which doesn't involve TA rights. I am also a translator there so I understand how they work. Camouflaged Mirage (talk) 17:07, 16 November 2020 (UTC)
- @ Camouflaged Mirage. What pages do I need to read to know how to mark pages? I am now translating mw: Help: Extension: Translate /Page_translation_administration —The preceding unsigned comment was added by מושך בשבט (talk)
- @מושך בשבט: Please sign your posts, for a technical right like TA, not signing your posts isn't good. I will suggest  as 2 pages to read, if you had done so, you might well try to mark/set up some page for translation and ask to mark them as translated as Meta Talk:Babylon or RFH. With enough valid markings, we can then consider granting TA. Regretfully Oppose, thanks for volunteering. Camouflaged Mirage (talk) 11:22, 19 November 2020 (UTC)
- Oppose If you don't get it wrong, I think it's too early. As far as I understand, I don't see that you understand this tool very well. I recommend you be a candidate again if you get experience in the future. --Uncitoyentalk 08:42, 17 November 2020 (UTC)
Not done; no consensus. —MarcoAurelio (talk) 16:59, 28 November 2020 (UTC)
- The above request page is preserved as an archive. Please do not modify it. Comments about this page should be made in Meta:Babel or Meta:Requests for help from a sysop or bureaucrat.