- The following discussion is preserved as an archive of a closed Meta-Wiki request. Please do not modify it.
Hi! I am active translator for Serbian. I already have this right on mediawikiwiki. I would like to have this right and here, so I can manage translations for Serbian. Zoranzoki21 (talk) 17:00, 15 February 2019 (UTC)
- Oppose The user has requested at the same time several permissions in Meta, such as global renamer and patroller. Possible hat collecting. —AlvaroMolina (✉ - ✔) 18:20, 15 February 2019 (UTC)
- @AlvaroMolina: As I said: I no works and I no contribute for collecting hats and rights. I do not have any benefits. I can contribute and I do not have to. And nothing will change whether I will get a right or not. I will contribute definitely. You give support to the user who was blocked on project like enwiki... Zoranzoki21 (talk) 18:24, 15 February 2019 (UTC)
- @Zoranzoki21: As I pointed out to you in your global renamer request, I did not know the situation of that user in English Wikipedia, I only had in mind the fact that in the language of his home wiki there were no other experienced global renamers, and that perhaps a demonstrated and well-founded need could be evidenced in his request, that's why I subsequently changed my position; in this case, however, and despite the fact that I am open to supporting all the applicants of the global renamer permission of uncommon languages who wish to help and obviously have proven local experience/trust, it does not seem normal for a user to apply at the same time two other permissions with quite particular purposes, so I would not feel comfortable giving my support to an application under this concern. Regards. —AlvaroMolina (✉ - ✔) 18:47, 15 February 2019 (UTC)
- @AlvaroMolina: No problems. I'm not mad. My opinion about you has not changed. I consider you for a very fair user/person. But I think you've got the wrong impression about me. I will no longer ask for many rights at the same time. I know that maybe it was not right, but I did not have any bad ideas at all. I will always contribute for good of community, not against the community. I've never contributed because of the position and I will not. I do not watch volunteering that way. And one golden rule in the global is: Always assume the best intent! Zoranzoki21 (talk) 18:54, 15 February 2019 (UTC)
- Oppose per above. Vermont (talk) 19:26, 15 February 2019 (UTC)
- Oppose per above. The timing of all the requests strikes me as hat collecting and I haven't any indication that the user will actually be using the tools as the GR nom has evidenced. Hiàn (talk) 20:53, 15 February 2019 (UTC)
- OpposePer all above, no demonstrated need also.--Cohaf (talk) 01:01, 16 February 2019 (UTC)
- Support --Novak Watchmen (talk) 01:11, 17 February 2019 (UTC)
- Oppose Per above, and you aren't that active in MediaWiki in the first place (and neither can I see any recent translations on Meta). Leaderboard (talk) 15:39, 17 February 2019 (UTC)
- Oppose; for now, I would not support this request on its own. The simultaneous requests make me surer this is not the right time. Perhaps try again in future. --AGK ■ 19:12, 21 February 2019 (UTC)
No consensus. —MarcoAurelio (talk) 12:47, 23 February 2019 (UTC)
- The above request page is preserved as an archive. Please do not modify it. Comments about this page should be made in Meta:Babel or Meta:Requests for help from a sysop or bureaucrat.