Hotel in San Francisco
For those of you who are joining our kick-off meeting, the Wikimedia Foundation has booked hotel rooms at the Mosser hotel:
The Mosser http://www.themosser.com
54 4th Street San Francisco, CA 94103 +1 (415) 986-4400
You are booked under your names at the Mosser, which is the "traditional" hotel for all our guests in San Francisco.
It's easy to reach the hotel from San Francisco Airport by BART:
1) Buy a ticket at the automatic ticket vending machine (you'll need $8.10 in one direction -- if you want to use BART during your stay, a $20 ticket makes sense)
2) Take the yellow line to Pittsburg/Bay Point (it's the only line available, you can make no mistake)
3) The trip takes about 30 minutes -- please have a look at the map on Wikimedia Commons: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Revised_BART_map.svg
3) Get off BART at the station "Powell"
4) The 4th Street crosses San Francisco's Market Street and the Mosser is about 150 m / 500 feet from the BART station
You'll find a BART schedule at http://www.bart.gov
Kick-off meeting in San Francisco on July 14, 2009
- Please comfortable clothes on Tuesday
- The kick-off meeting will take place in the "Board room" of the
- The meeting will start at 9:00 am and end at about 5:00 pm
- We'll have lunch in the office (sandwiches, salad, etc.) and dinner
at a restaurant near the office. Both will be provided by the Wikimedia Foundation.
Detailed schedule for Tuesday
- 9:00 – 9:20 Opportunities, challenges and importance of the project for the WMF (Erik Möller)
- 9:20 – 10:00 Recap of goals and key success factors (Frank Schulenburg/Jennifer Riggs, 1 hour)
- 10:00 – 11:00 Run-through of Frank and Jennifer's talks
- 11:00 - 11:10 Coffee break
- 11:10 – 13:00 Rehearsal of Tim's and Bill's presentations
- 13:00 – 14:00 Lunch at the Wikimedia office
- 14:00 – 15:30 Rehearsal of John's and Frank/Jennifer's final presentations
- 15:30 - 16:00 Walkthrough of afternoon workshops
- 16:00 – 17:00 Open questions
- 17:45 – 19:30 Dinner at a San Francisco restaurant
Travel to Bethesda
Departure time for our flight to Washington is 9:05 am. We all meet at Powell Station 6:45 am and take BART to San Francisco International Airport.
Our train will depart at Powell Station at 6:57 am and arrive at SFO at 7:29 am.
Transfer from IAD to Bethesda
We'll take cabs from the airport to our hotel in Bethesda
Hotel at Bethesda
Our hotel will be the American Inn:
American Inn of Bethesda http://www.american-inn.com
8130 Wisconson Avenue Bethesda, MD 20814 +1 (301) 656-9300