Public outreach/Academy/Pre-Academy communications with scientists
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ideally, NIH scientists will, prior to the Academy:
- Register as a Wikipedia editor (get a username) (see separate page)
- Visit the NIH Academy welcome page
- Receive some information and suggestions about editing, for those interested in doing so prior to the Academy
NIH welcome page
The welcome page for the NIH WikiProject is currently at en:User:Proteins/Draft_Welcome. At issue are:
- When is the page going to be finalized, including location (Meta or en.wikipedia)?
- How will we provide the link to NIH scientists prior to the Academy?
Other information for NIH scientists, prior to the Academy
- Links to How Wikipedia Works and Wikipedia: The Missing Manual
- Small "articles" on creating a user account, and on selecting a user name
- Help gadget (alpha)
- Edit buttons (beta)
- Pyrospirit's script (beta)
- List of redirects (beta)
- Acronym expander (beta)
- Do we have any way of communicating, directly or indirectly, with the expected NIH participants?
- See the "NIH welcome page" section, above for two more questions (bolded).