I have added "Serious Journalism about Wikipedia" because this is a good source for people who are working on the Wikipedia. This is not the place for republishing links to press notices, but for serious, investigative journalism. --WiseWoman 21:38, 26 Feb 2005 (UTC)
Can I add the following sentence of disambiguation on "wiki research" to the end of the first paragraph: For non Wikimedia project specific wiki research the Wiki Symposium provides an outlet. Thanks Dirk Riehle 06:05, 30 May 2006 (UTC)
I assume that the research committee approved this this and associated banners on en; for something like this a heads-up notice to the projects & project mailing lists (wikien-l, foundation-l), as well as the OTRS list in case questions come in, is always appropriate. Thanks! -- phoebe | talk 23:29, 8 December 2011 (UTC)
Wiki Research Ideas
Hello: I'm starting to collect ideas from a long thread from September 2012 in the wiki-research-l list, in which many different proposals related to Open Access Journals and the "wiki way" of doing research were circulated. I will start adding content to Wiki Research Ideas, please feel free to join me! Arided (talk) 13:04, 20 September 2012 (UTC)
The second template is not operating any more but many research projects are still using it.
Example using the first template : https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Research:Editor_Behaviour_Analysis_%26_Graphs
Example using the second template : https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Research:Optimizely_Fundraiser_Analysis
I noticed that when I tried to add links to dataset on a project described with the second template, with no success at all. When I switched to the first template, it works of course.
- Anthere, I'm not seeing an example with links to a dataset that don't appear. In the second example, the link appears. Can you show me an example of where the template is broken and where you are not seeing something that you expect to see? --EpochFail (talk) 20:51, 2 February 2017 (UTC)
- I was on Research:Wikipedia_Primary_School_SSAJRP_programme and I tried many times to insert the url to the datasets of the project such as here:  (I tested many different ways to put the url, I did not save each attempt to do so). The url was never working. So I went to the general category to see how it was coded in other projects and this is how I first realize that MOST projects actually had no links to datasets or opensource. So it was hard to do a copy paste... finally, I found an example of a project with an url to datasets. I tried copying the code several times, it did not work. Looking more carefully, this is how I realized that there were two templates.
- I think I see the confusion and it was a problem with Template:Research_Project. It turns out that there were many projects that were explicitly not open access but were flagged as being "open access without a URL". I've made a modification to the template so that this won't happen anymore. --EpochFail (talk) 21:05, 2 February 2017 (UTC)
- This was indeed a problem. But the other problem is that trying to actually add an url to the template Template:Research_Project does not display any link. So it may be that many owners of such pages did try to add their url, but could not find out how to do that... gave up. Anthere (talk)
- If I am unclear, please have a look at . This is the list of projects with the old template. I looked at about half of them and every single one had no url provided (open source, or open data etc.). In all cases I looked at... there were no url. I know that when I tried to add an url myself, I looked for 30 mn and could not find a solution. In the end... I solved the problem in changing the template all together. Because I am persistant :) But how much chance is there that the reason why so many of those projects have NO url provided is due to the fact people could actually not find a way to add any url (rather than being the fact those projects are not open source/data etc.) ? Anthere (talk)
- In any cases, I take it that the modifs done by EpochFail fixed the problem (I have not checked). Thanks for the attention. Anthere (talk)
- Indeed it looks like all is right. I'll be spending some time over the next couple of weeks curating Category:Open data projects lacking a URL to make sure they are properly configured and that the template is handling them correctly. Thanks for calling this issue to our attention. :) --EpochFail (talk) 23:00, 3 February 2017 (UTC)
Clicking that link brings a bunch of errors
Warning: mysqli_query(): (HY000/1194): Table 'site_settings' is marked as crashed and should be repaired in /home/yaron57/public_html/w/extensions/WikiGarden/WikiGarden.php on line 170
Warning: mysqli_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, boolean given in /home/yaron57/public_html/w/extensions/WikiGarden/WikiGarden.php on line 171
Warning: mysqli_query(): (HY000/1194): Table 'site_settings' is marked as crashed and should be repaired in /home/yaron57/public_html/w/extensions/WikiGarden/WikiGarden.php on line 188
Warning: mysqli_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, boolean given in /home/yaron57/public_html/w/extensions/WikiGarden/WikiGarden.php on line 189
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/yaron57/public_html/w/extensions/WikiGarden/WikiGarden.php:170) in /home/yaron57/public_html/w/extensions/WikiGarden/includes/WG_Utils.php on line 297
Warning: mysqli::query(): (HY000/1194): Table 'l10n_cache' is marked as crashed and should be repaired in /home/yaron57/public_html/w/includes/db/DatabaseMysqli.php on line 38 A database query error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the software.
Query: SELECT lc_value FROM `l10n_cache` WHERE lc_lang = 'en' AND lc_key = 'deps' LIMIT 1 Function: LCStoreDB::get Error: 1194 Table 'l10n_cache' is marked as crashed and should be repaired (localhost)