Didn't find your home Wikipedia? Sign up below to be the local organizer! Create a Project Tiger page and link it here. Provide the following details.
Please sign up below if you would like to volunteer as a national level jury for all languages. This will help us do random quality checks across all languages to ensure fair standard of competition.
- Regards, Krishna Chaitanya Velaga (talk — mail) 22:05, 15 March 2018 (UTC)
- --Sureshkhole (talk) 03:06, 4 May 2018 (UTC)
- Before March 01, 2018
- Set-up an event page on local Wikipedia, then put the link to your local event page in the meta contest page. (You can use this well-designed sample page, localized this template is required).
- Translate the rules into your language. Discuss on the talk page if you need clarification or change of rules.
- Call a few Wikipedians to join you as local organizers and/or jury members.
- Post an invitation message on the village pump, mailing list, Site Notice, and community social media channels.
- March 2018 to May 2018
- Verify and accept articles submitted to the fountain tool according to the rules.
- Declare list of Top 3 prize winners at the end of every month.
- Continue to publicize the event in community channels and encourage participation
- Coordinate and encourage onsite edit-a-thons.
Best practices for promotion
- People feel good to know their work is noticed and received with gratitude.
- Thank participants (through the edit history thank link) for every single article they create.
- Award barnstars for most active participants.
- Share interesting articles on FB and Twitter pages for the contest and tag the users who created them.
- Create a site notice announcement for both logged in and anonymous users.
- Leave a personal message in talk pages inviting potential participants who have contributed well in past edit-a-thons. Most editors may not have noticed the general announcements and may not have a good understanding of the contest. The personal message will receive a better response if it is lengthy explaining the significance of the contest and how each one can make a difference. Here is a sample message left by User:Ravidreams in Tamil Wikipedia.
- Publicize the contest stats, so there is a healthy spirit of competition between communities.
- Identify topics of interest for specific editors and bring it to their notice through talk page messages. For example, if a user is interested in biology or history, she is more inclined to participate in the contest if she can spot such topics with ease.
- Add more coordinators, jurors, and organizers, so there is a shared sense of championing for the contest.
- Be available through various communication channels so participants can clarify their doubts quickly.
- Post interesting topics above Recent Changes feed so editors can have visibility and reminders to the contest.
- Post regular updates in the village pump about the contest.
- ViswaPrabhaവിശ്വപ്രഭtalk 10:16, 15 March 2018 (UTC)
- Wikilover90 (talk) 14:47, 18 March 2018 (UTC)
- See main page for list.