- 1 Suggestion
- 2 Problem
- 3 Another problem
- 4 Wikivoyage
- 5 How can I find files on Commons that are linked from a given set of pages but not in a given category?
- 6 Link from Commons template
- 7 Shouldn't the translation be supported by Intuition?
- 8 Manual expanded in English language version, with examples
- 9 CatScan V3.0
I would appreciate the following feature: Show TRUE or FALSE if the items in the result set also belong to a third collection of categories. I.e. list all "animals"; show TRUE if an animal also exists in "reptiles", and TRUE if it also exists in "quadrupeds"; show FALSE for each otherwise. Thanks! This should form a two-dimensional table instead of just a list. SharkD 07:20, 16 July 2011 (UTC)
MYSQL error : Table 'ruwiki_p.page' doesn't exist [INSERT /* SLOW_OK */ /* CATSCAN2 */ IGNORE INTO cat1 ( catgroup , catname , depth ) SELECT DISTINCT 1,page_title,1 FROM ruwiki_p.page,ruwiki_p.categorylinks,cat2 WHERE page_id=cl_from AND cl_to=catname AND page_namespace=14]
The similar problem again
When you make a request from Russian Wikipedia, it returs error:
MYSQL error : Table 'ruwiki_p.page' doesn't exist [INSERT /* SLOW_OK LIMIT:2000 NM */ /* CATSCAN2 */ IGNORE INTO cat1 ( catgroup , catname , depth ) SELECT DISTINCT 1,page_title,1 FROM ruwiki_p.page,ruwiki_p.categorylinks,cat2 WHERE page_id=cl_from AND cl_to=catname AND page_namespace=14]
- Notice: Undefined variable: language in /home/magnus/public_html/catscan_rewrite.php on line 181 Notice: Undefined variable: project in /home/magnus/public_html/catscan_rewrite.php on line 181 Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/magnus/public_html/catscan_rewrite.php:181) in /home/magnus/public_html/catscan_rewrite.php on line 150 Cannot construct database name for . - aborting.
What I'd tried was (fields in order on the page):
- English nouns|1
- English terms with homophones
- [all of these template] homophones
- [any of these template: blank]
- [none of these template: blank]
- [Last change, size, links, redlinks, top cats: all blank]
- by title
What I tried is
Link from Commons template
Hi! The Wikimedia Toolserver will be stopped on June 30, but the Commons template Image template notice is using the old CatScan. Can you help with correcting the link? Thanks! --Tacsipacsi (talk) 14:57, 12 May 2014 (UTC)
Shouldn't the translation be supported by Intuition?
Manual expanded in English language version, with examples
See CatScan2/en, the English language version of the manual, now developed with two examples. I copied the format of the German language manual, and expanded on it, and added two real examples. I also used a translator to adapt some text from the German language version. The example applications are the best feature added, I think. I don't know how to add screenshots, but linking to filled-out query forms seems to illustrate the examples pretty well. If you're looking for help, you might find that various other language versions of the manual have better coverage about various aspects of CatScan use. I would especially like to learn of other real application examples, myself. Hope this is helpful. --Doncram (talk) 12:25, 16 August 2015 (UTC)
Thanks for working on a rewrite, but I need some features of the V2 (for instance extended data for files). Is that code still running somewhere? Nemo 16:22, 26 October 2015 (UTC)
- https://tools.wmflabs.org/catscan2/_BACKUP_catscan2.php redirects to https://tools.wmflabs.org/catscan2/notice.html , I guess that's a no. :) Maybe someone else is running the old code though? Nemo 17:10, 26 October 2015 (UTC)