This page is for discussions related to the Wikimedia LGBT+ page.
Please remember to:
#TheySaid Wikiquote campaign
Similar to the #SheSaid campaign, #TheySaid will aim to increase representation of LGBTQ+ people across all Wikiquote wikis.
The name of the campaign is tentative, and subject to change by consensus.
I hope I could do something I hope we could do something to create a momentum of creation of articles and entries of LGBTQ+ people on all wikis; emphasis on "we". I haven't been able to find people willing to do teamwork for inclusivity, but I hope I can do now.
I have found 2 sources of quotes by LGBTQ+ people:
- @CrafterNova: If you have a program like this to share then an outlet for advertising it is on the agenda of the monthly user group meetings, such as Wikimedia LGBT/2024-01-24.
- As a practical matter, Wikimedia LGBT+ documents these campaigns, but like most other Wikimedia movement affiliates, we do not have a pool of volunteer editors seeking to join this or any campaign. If you are looking for collaborators, then the usual paths to success are either posting to an existing WikiProject or doing outreach to a non-wiki organization that has volunteers whom you can train to edit Wikipedia.
- Volunteers, volunteer recruiters, and volunteer trainers are in short supply. Wikimedia LGBT+ can support you or anyone else in doing outreach if that interests you. Bluerasberry (talk) 16:05, 22 January 2024 (UTC)
Joining Wikimedia LGBT+ - state of membership
@CrafterNova: You asked about joining Wikimedia LGBT+. Let me review with you the current state of things.
The first and only exclusive membership benefit which this group has offered was the right to vote in the recent Wikimedia LGBT+ 2023 board election. That election is over. The group is not offering other exclusive benefits right now, so you are welcome to join any activities. Formal membership is not open right now because we do not have capacity to manage it due to safety and security concerns.
To participate here is what I can offer:
- Join any of the monthly group video meetings if you like. The next one is this week as described at Wikimedia LGBT/2024-01-24
- Subscribe to either or both the email mailing list or the Telegram app chat feed as described at Wikimedia LGBT+/Communications
- Post here to the Wikimedia LGBT+ talk page
If you have questions about this, ask here, at a live meeting, in telegram, by private email to me or anyone else on the group's governance committee, or if needed by public email to the group. Asking in that order of preference is best for most questions. Thanks for your interest. Bluerasberry (talk) 15:58, 22 January 2024 (UTC)
- Where can we find a list of the current Governance Committee members along with their email addresses? Peltarion (talk) 01:42, 25 January 2024 (UTC)
- @Peltarion: Wikimedia_LGBT+/Governance/en#Current_membership
- Two board members were recently elected also as noted at Wikimedia LGBT+/Governance/2023-12-27. The group is in a transitional phase determining how to formalize a board, the governance committee, and other administration. Bluerasberry (talk) 16:10, 25 January 2024 (UTC)
2023 Wikimedia LGBT+ Annual Report Published
The Wikimedia LGBT+ Governance team has published the 2023 Wikimedia LGBT+ Annual Report at: Wikimedia LGBT+/2023. The best place for comments or questions is on the Talk page of the report. Hexatekin (talk) 03:04, 9 February 2024 (UTC)
Feedback invited on proposed requirements for affiliates & user groups recognition changes
- You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki. Please help translate to your language
Dear Wikimedia Affiliates,
Following up on the development of Wikimedia Foundation Affiliates Strategy, we would like to invite you to give feedback on requirements for affiliates & user groups recognition changes. You can find the details of the proposed changes in this message from Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees liaisons to the Affiliations Committee, as well as the ways to give your feedback.
We have also reached out to your contact persons via the emails provided.