——————————————— Archive, January 2012 ———————————————
Getting stuff done in the UN
Do you think it takes less than a year to convince UNESCO for this? :) I really think this should be restored. The effort it takes to get the word around is far more than that. First of all the needed translations of the slogan and the explanation pages didn't yet happen. -- とある白い猫 chi? 09:29, 17 December 2011 (UTC)
- It was fine on Meta-Wiki's main page for a bit. But from what I could tell, the project stagnated and there wasn't any need to continue promoting it. --MZMcBride 18:33, 17 December 2011 (UTC)
- I think the idea needs years of effort to work. We are talking about UN here. I think we should give the idea all the push we can give. I am going to restore it back unless you have strong opposition to the idea. -- とある白い猫 chi? 21:20, 25 December 2011 (UTC)
- I think a lot of ideas need years of effort to work. The question is whether using Meta-Wiki's main page (a) is the appropriate venue; and (b) is being used effectively and strategically.
- There was a burst of activity on this idea about a year ago, but without some sort of status update or progress report, I don't really think it should go back on the main page. At least not without a broader discussion locally about doing so. --MZMcBride 22:40, 25 December 2011 (UTC)
- No idea will be developed if it remains unheard of. I noticed the existence of a UNESCO effort through meta main page.
- a) It is the correct venue because as Meta:About Meta explains:
- 1. Discussion and formulation of the Wikimedia projects, and in particular policy discussion relevant to all projects, such as open content licensing
- 3. A place to discuss interlanguage co-ordination issues concerning the Wikimedia projects, including discussion in languages other than English
- Both of which is well within the scope of the banner and associated pages. Is there any part of meta project scope these pages do not fall under?
- b) I was in the process of getting more multi-lingual interest to it by getting the slogan translated with the new main page structure. Since the strategy is "involving as many people as possible" it only makes sense to involve more people and the meta main page has the purpose to this end. Meta main page is where everyone looks for their mediawiki news and other events. Can you name any other wiki page that wikipedians on all wikis visit that is not a content wiki?
- It's removal should have came with a broader discussion. You made edits removing content and now ask for discussion for the changes to return back to how they were. That somehow feels very strange. What is necessary is re-electrifying people into showing interest on this issue and that is very hard to do without making it known.
- I will agree that the advert could have UNESCO-Wikipedia specific news. This is actually something I was planning to add after the standardization of the meta main page.
- -- とある白い猫 chi? 10:22, 8 January 2012 (UTC)
- Err, where was the discussion for its inclusion? The process is generally bold (editing), reversion, discussion.
- I don't really have an objection to the video being featured on the main page if there's a concerted effort behind it and it isn't some indefinite scheme. I don't want the main page to have stale content for the next five years because "things take a long time in the U.N." It also should have some local community consensus for inclusion on the main page among the locals.
- You know how Meta-Wiki works: go start a discussion somewhere and get a few outside views. It'd be helpful if, as a preface to said discussion, you could lay out what the process/timeline involved here is. --MZMcBride 18:34, 8 January 2012 (UTC)
- Mind you meta decisions are hardly IF EVER follow a discussion process. Wikipedia's guidelines have no bearing here as this isn't a content project.
- How about this, I restore the UN banner and leave a note pointing towards the discussion? I am unsure what the note should be so I am open to suggestions... It will take years to achieve such a UNESCO title. The banner will need to stay there for years as a result. The space the banner occupies can be made smaller and I have made edits to that end.
- -- とある白い猫 chi? 12:19, 22 January 2012 (UTC)
Son iki haber
Merhaba Beyaz Kedi. Template:Main Page/WM News'de son iki haberin Türkçe ve Azericeleri görülmüyor. Nedeni nedir acaba? Emperyan-message/ileti-WMTR 23:15, 23 January 2012 (UTC)
- Problem eksik kod idi. Cozdum sanirim. :) -- とある白い猫 chi? 19:33, 25 January 2012 (UTC)