JSTOR account redistribution (The Wikipedia Library)
Hi - according to our records you received a free account for JSTOR through The Wikipedia Library. Because we’ve used up all of our allocated accounts, and it’s been some time since they were distributed, we want to redistribute any accounts that aren’t being used to users on our waitlist.
If you’re still using, or plan to use, your JSTOR access, no problem! Simply head over to the Library Card platform, log in, and request a renewal of your account. You should be able to do this from your user page, or the JSTOR signup page. If you can’t find the renewal button, or have any other issues or questions about this, please feel free to leave a message on my talk page. We’ll begin redistributing inactive accounts in September; if you request renewal after then we will only be able to reactivate your account if we have spots remaining. Thanks, MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 13:32, 20 August 2018 (UTC)
Wikisource Pagelist Widget - First Iteration Feedback
I am pleased to announce that Wikisource Pagelist Widget is now available on Beta Wikisource. We need your help in testing the widget and providing feedback.
You can test the widget by editing the following Index page on Beta Wikisource:
There is a new ‘Preview pagelist’ button under the pagelist field. Click it to get a preview, and then click on any page number in the preview to open the widget.
You can also create a fresh Index Page for any other PDF or DjVu from Wikimedia Commons and test it.
We need your feedback on the following questions:
- What is your general opinion about the Pagelist Widget?
- Is it obvious how to use the widget? If not, what is difficult to understand?
- What other changes would you like to suggest in order to improve the widget further?
Please provide your feedback on the Project Talk Page on Meta-Wiki.
P.S. - The widget doesn’t work on Local Uploads in Beta Wikisource as of now (due to phab:T257807).
18:25, 20 November 2020 (UTC)
16:08, 11 December 2020 (UTC)
Block on Wikisource
- Yo revi. Regarding this. The answer to Blablubbs' question there is, so that they can do this and then this. Context is here. --Xover (talk) 20:37, 22 January 2021 (UTC)
SGrabarczuk (WMF) 17:48, 26 January 2021 (UTC)
Thanks for your comment
- @Alex brollo: I "know of it" rather than "know it". I was tipped off about its existence during the Community Wishlist Survey and from the description it ticks of a lot of my personal wishlist for a Wikisource edit interface: full screen (hide site chrome), page elements stay within the viewport to avoid scrolling the whole page, preloading the next page, switching between Page: pages without a webpage reload, and so forth. I haven't had time to really look at "eis", but it's on my list of cool tools to look into and possibly steal for enWS. Xover (talk) 07:39, 3 July 2021 (UTC)