Wikimania 2011 bid selection timeline
|Wikimania 2005 (site)|
|Wikimania 2006 (site)|
|Wikimania 2007 (site)|
|Wikimania 2008 (site)|
|Wikimania 2009 (site)|
|Wikimania 2010 (site)|
This is the timeline for the Wikimania 2011 selection. Please note that these times may be subject to minor revision. You should check back to the scheduled date of the item for which you're interested; or subscribe to mail:wikimania-l for announcements.
- December, 2009: Jury selection announced
- January 1: Bidding officially opens
- February 8 (0:01 UTC): Bidding creation ends. List of running cities announced.
- All cities which intend to run for the bidding process should have created a page on meta and entered the official list. New bids will not be accepted after this date.
- March 29 (0:00 UTC): Bidding ends. All major information on bidding pages must be finalized.
- March 30 (17:00 UTC): Public meeting with existing bidders -- IRC, #wikimania channel on Freenode
- April 3 (17:00 UTC): Public meeting with existing bidders -- IRC, #wikimania channel on Freenode
- March 31: Question & Answer begins.
- March 31 - April 12: Refining of bids and answering questions.
- April 12: Question & Answer from jury ends
- April 13 -
April 26 May 3May 10: Jury deliberation (extended due to 'volcano' related delays). April 27 May 4May 11: Announcement of host city to public.