Community User Group
|Official language(s)||English,Bemba, Nyanja, Lozi, Tonga, Luvale, Lunda, Kaonde|
|Wikimedia User Group Zambia|
The Wikimedia Community User Group Zambia is a group of volunteers who are working in an initiation of a local User Group of the Wikimedia Foundation. Its mission is to promote the Wikimedia Foundation and its projects in Zambia. One of its core missions is to aid and encourage people to collect, develop and disseminate knowledge and other educational, cultural and historic content in the public domain or under a license that allows everyone to freely use, distribute and modify said content without the payment of royalties.
- To promote the use of Wikipedia and its sister in education at all educational levels in Zambia.
- To ensure and promote the use of Wikimedia projects among Zambians from all walks of life.
- To promote Media and Information literacy skills among Zambian citizens to use Wikipedia and its sister project as a tool to fight against misinformation, disinformation, and fake news.
- To create awareness of the use of various Wikimedia projects among associations and Organizations in Zambia.
Mission & Vision
- The mission of Wikimedia Community User Group Zambia is to promote the dissemination and sharing of knowledge through Wikimedia projects, including Wikipedia, Wikimedia Commons, and Wikidata. We aim to empower people to contribute to these platforms, improve the quality and accuracy of the information available, and make knowledge accessible to all.
- Our vision is to create a community of knowledge contributors in Zambia that engages in the development and improvement of Wikimedia projects. We strive to promote digital literacy and to provide access to knowledge resources for everyone, regardless of their background or location. By doing so, we believe that we can empower people to become active participants in the global knowledge ecosystem and contribute to the greater good of society.
- Increase awareness and adoption of Wikimedia platforms and principles in Zambia.
- Facilitate the creation and curation of content on Wikimedia platforms that are relevant and useful to Zambian communities.
- Build and sustain partnerships with organizations and communities that share our mission and values.
- Advocate for policies and practices that support open access to information and knowledge in Zambia.
- Develop and empower a diverse community of Wikimedia contributors in Zambia.
The main activity of this user group is to present Wikipedia and its sister projects.
- Regular meetings / online meetings for discussions.
- Wikipedians in Residence.
- Wiki groups/Conferences etc.
The Wikimedia Community User Group Zambia is a community of individuals who are passionate about creating and sharing knowledge. We are a group of volunteers who work towards the common goal of improving the quality and quantity of information available on the internet. Our community is open to everyone who shares our values and wants to make a positive impact on society.
To join the Wikimedia Community User Group Zambia, follow these simple steps:
- Go to Founding and participating.
- Under the participating member's section add your name, edit this section, and type '#~~~~' below without quotes.
Joining the Wikimedia Community User Group Zambia is an opportunity to be part of a community that is making a positive impact on society. By contributing to the creation and sharing of knowledge, you can help to bridge the knowledge gap and make a difference in people's lives. We welcome everyone who shares our values and wants to make a difference
Contact Wikimedia Community User Group Zambia
Kindly join our frequently accessed talked page on the Chichewa Wikipedia if you have a Wikipedia account and also if you have interest in being a member of Wikimedia Community Zambia. Or Contact