Wikimedia User Group Hong Kong
|Wikimedia User Group Hong Kong|
Wikimedia User Group Hong Kong is a proposed Wikimedian user group covering the Special Administrative Region of Hong Kong. It will replace Wikimedia Hong Kong - the former chapter in Hong Kong de-recognized in 2017. We are discussing on our plans and strategy; should we have this finalized we will notify the community, both domestic and foreign one, as soon as possible.
In our discussions it is suggested that Residents of Hong Kong can join the user group. Though non-local residents can join our group in another way instead of being our member. Also considered is the inclusion of Macau Wikimedian community in light that Wikimedia Macau was de-recognized.
The following are tasks need to be done for us to attain status as a Wikimedia User Group:
- Request for recognition of the WMF.
A motion to amend the user group's mission has concluded and passed in July 2018. Nominations for liaisons of the user group to the AffCom has come to an end. All three candidates were elected. They are User:Billytanghh, User:1233 and User:WhisperToMe. The final task we have to do is to seek for the recognition from the WMF.
Email has been sent to Affcom by 1233.
- To raise awareness of the Wikimedia movement and free culture among Hong Kong citizens.
- Support Hong Kong Wikimedian communities in English, Chinese, Cantonese and other Wikimedia projects.
- To facilitate the exchange of academic knowledge and cultural inheritance through Wikimedia projects in Hong Kong.
- To co-operate with Wikimedia Foundation and its affiliates, Wikimedian communities and other organisations to further goals of the Wikimedia movement and enrich the Wikimedia projects.
- To protect rights that the Wikimedia movement needs to provide existing services in Hong Kong.
Meetups, tutorials and occasional exposure trips
- Hong Kong 113 (Saturday, 29 July 2017 @ Hung Hom)
- Hong Kong 115 (Saturday, 24 February 2018 @ Sheung Wan)
- Hong Kong 116 (Friday, 30 March 2018 @ Wan Chai) - Edit-a-thon on Women Artists and Practitioners in Asia
- Hong Kong 117 (Saturday, 30 June 2018 @ Hung Hom)
Wikipedia Asian Month
- 2017 - off-site edit-a-thon, postcard sending
- Wikipedia Clubs in selected universities
As a group, there is no single person in charge. Community matters can be discussed in a dedicated Telegram chatroom (please contact 春卷柯南 for access) and at meet-ups.
Group Liasons to Affcom
The current group liasons are:
- Please click here and sign by using the wikicode “# ~~~~”. No need to provide your personal information.
- --Spring Roll Conan ( Teahouse | Contributions ) 13:07, 9 February 2017 (UTC)
- --Billytanghh (talk) 17:34, 9 February 2017 (UTC)
- Owennson (talk) 17:16, 25 February 2017 (UTC)
- Jarl Sverre (talk) 16:28, 28 February 2017 (UTC)
- Richard923888 (talk) 05:43, 12 April 2017 (UTC)
- Citobun (talk) 17:00, 24 April 2017 (UTC)
- Hayman30 (talk) 06:33, 25 April 2017 (UTC)
- Jc86035 (talk) 10:18, 25 April 2017 (UTC)
- Altercari (talk) 07:19, 3 May 2017 (UTC)
- ネイ (talk) 05:58, 8 May 2017 (UTC)
- WhisperToMe (talk) 22:09, 27 May 2017 (UTC)
- Questions?| This message is left by him at 09:46, 29 July 2017 (UTC) |
- Manchiu 09:35, 31 July 2017 (UTC)
- --小培の良民證※来讨论？ 16:53, 18 August 2017 (UTC)
- AT (talk) 12:44, 3 October 2017 (UTC)
- Wongan4614 (talk) 15:14, 5 October 2017 (UTC)
- --J.Wong 11:19, 8 November 2017 (UTC)
- Roy17 (talk) 02:08, 19 February 2018 (UTC)
- Jonashtand (talk) 06:24, 14 April 2018 (UTC)
- AINH (talk) 12:21, 15 May 2018 (UTC)
- Anson. (talk) 12:46, 26 May 2018 (UTC)
- Jessica (talk) 00:59, 11 June 2018 (UTC)
- 屈原蟲 (talk) 12:06, 11 June 2018 (UTC)
- Mirai1993 (talk) 12:43, 25 June 2018 (UTC)
Reports and resolutions
- unfinished - 2017-2018 Annual Report (2017-02-09 - ongoing)