Wikimedia User Group Hong Kong
|Wikimedia User Group Hong Kong|
Wikimedia User Group Hong Kong is a proposed Wikimedian user group covering the Special Administrative Region of Hong Kong. It will replace Wikimedia Hong Kong - the former chapter in Hong Kong de-recognized in 2017. We are discussing on our plans and strategy; should we have this finalized we will notify the community, both domestic and foreign one, as soon as possible.
In our discussions it is suggested that Residents of Hong Kong can join the user group. Though non-local residents can join our group in another way instead of being our member. Also considered is the inclusion of Macau Wikimedian community in light that Wikimedia Macau would be de-recognized.
The following are tasks need to be done for us to attain status as a Wikimedia User Group:
- Draft the statute of the user group.
- Confirm our mission and goals.
- Designate three editors to contact with the AffCom (and three with the Hong Kong Police Force, per local legislations)
- Request for recognition of the WMF.
The user group's name and logo is confirmed as of November 2017. Next we will start drafting of the user group's statute by February 2018.
- To promote the development of the Wikimedia movement.
- To advocate free content and free culture and, based on this, the exchange of academic knowledge and cultural inheritance.
- To strike a balance between local Wikimedian communities using different languages (English, Chinese, Cantonese.)
- To co-operate with chapters, user groups, thematic organisations, Wikimedian communities and even civil society organisations with similar goals under principles of equality, amity and mutual assistance.
- To stand neutral politically, but to advocate freedom of speech for Hong Kong people (if Wikimedia movement is an affected party on such an incident.)
Meetups, tutorials and occasional exposure trips
- Hong Kong 113 (Saturday, 29 July 2017 @ Hung Hom)
- Hong Kong 115 (Saturday, 24 February 2018 @ Sheung Wan)
- Hong Kong 116 (Friday, 30 March 2018 @ Wan Chai) - Edit-a-thon on Women Artists and Practitioners in Asia
Wikipedia Asian Month
- 2017 - off-site edit-a-thon, postcard sending
- Wikipedia Clubs in selected universities
As a group, there is no single person in charge. Community matters can be discussed in a dedicated Telegram chatroom (please contact 春卷柯南 for access) and at meet-ups.
- Please use the wikicode “# ~~~~” to sign at the corresponding section. No need to provide your personal information.
- --Spring Roll Conan ( Teahouse | Contributions ) 13:07, 9 February 2017 (UTC)
- --Billytanghh (talk) 17:34, 9 February 2017 (UTC)
- Owennson (talk) 17:16, 25 February 2017 (UTC)
- Jarl Sverre (talk) 16:28, 28 February 2017 (UTC)
- Richard923888 (talk) 05:43, 12 April 2017 (UTC)
- Citobun (talk) 17:00, 24 April 2017 (UTC)
- Hayman30 (talk) 06:33, 25 April 2017 (UTC)
- Jc86035 (talk) 10:18, 25 April 2017 (UTC)
- Altercari (talk) 07:19, 3 May 2017 (UTC)
- ネイ (talk) 05:58, 8 May 2017 (UTC)
- WhisperToMe (talk) 22:09, 27 May 2017 (UTC)
- Questions?| This message is left by him at 09:46, 29 July 2017 (UTC) |
- Manchiu 09:35, 31 July 2017 (UTC)
- --小培の良民證※来讨论？ 16:53, 18 August 2017 (UTC)
- AT (talk) 12:44, 3 October 2017 (UTC)
- Wongan4614 (talk) 15:14, 5 October 2017 (UTC)
- --J.Wong 11:19, 8 November 2017 (UTC)
- Roy17 (talk) 02:08, 19 February 2018 (UTC)
- Jonashtand (talk) 06:24, 14 April 2018 (UTC)
- AINH (talk) 12:21, 15 May 2018 (UTC)