Wikimedia User Group Hong Kong
|Wikimedia User Group Hong Kong|
Wikimedia User Group Hong Kong is a proposed Wikimedian user group covering the Special Administrative Region of Hong Kong. It will replace Wikimedia Hong Kong - the former chapter in Hong Kong de-recognized in 2017. We are discussing on our plans and strategy; should we have this finalized we will notify the community, both domestic and foreign one, as soon as possible.
In our discussions it is suggested that Residents of Hong Kong can join the user group. Though non-local residents can join our group in another way instead of being our member. Also considered is the inclusion of Macau Wikimedian community in light that Wikimedia Macau would be de-recognized.
The following are tasks need to be done for us to attain status as a Wikimedia User Group:
- Draft the statute of the user group.
- Confirm our mission, our goals, our name, and our logo.
- Designate three editors to contact with the AffCom (and three with the Hong Kong Police Force, per local legislations)
- Request for recognition of the WMF.
Per discussions at the Hong Kong Wikimedian Meet-up, Summer 2017, community members present has introduced their proposal of the user group's name and logo. However, for the sake of openness, these proposals are currently under discussion and pending approval.
- English: Wikimedia User Group Hong Kong
- Chinese: 香港維基媒體用戶組
- To promote the development of the Wikimedia movement.
- To advocate free content and free culture and, based on this, the exchange of academic knowledge and cultural inheritance.
- To strike a balance between local Wikimedian communities using different languages (English, Chinese, Cantonese.)
- To co-operate with chapters, user groups, thematic organisations, Wikimedian communities and even civil society organisations with similar goals under principles of equality, amity and mutual assistance.
- To stand neutral politically, but to advocate freedom of speech for Hong Kong people (if Wikimedia movement is an affected party on such an incident.)
- Meetups and occasional exposure trips
- Wikipedia Asian Month - Postcard sending
- Wikipedia Clubs in selected universities
As a group, there is no single person in charge. Community matters can be discussed in a dedicated Telegram chatroom and at meet-ups.
- Please use the wikicode “# ~~~~” to sign at the corresponding section. No need to provide your personal information.
- --Spring Roll Conan ( Teahouse | Contributions ) 13:07, 9 February 2017 (UTC)
- --Billytanghh (talk) 17:34, 9 February 2017 (UTC)
- Owennson (talk) 17:16, 25 February 2017 (UTC)
- Jarl Sverre (talk) 16:28, 28 February 2017 (UTC)
- 维基百科巡查员Richard923888 ~\(≧▽≦)/~ 05:43, 12 April 2017 (UTC)
- Citobun (talk) 17:00, 24 April 2017 (UTC)
- Hayman30 (talk) 06:33, 25 April 2017 (UTC)
- Jc86035 (talk) 10:18, 25 April 2017 (UTC)
- Altercari (talk) 07:19, 3 May 2017 (UTC)
- ネイ (talk) 05:58, 8 May 2017 (UTC)
- WhisperToMe (talk) 22:09, 27 May 2017 (UTC)
- Questions?| This message is left by him at 09:46, 29 July 2017 (UTC) |
- Manchiu 09:35, 31 July 2017 (UTC)
- --小培の良民證※来讨论？ 16:53, 18 August 2017 (UTC)
- AT (talk) 12:44, 3 October 2017 (UTC)
- Wongan4614 (talk) 15:14, 5 October 2017 (UTC)