Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This page is a proposal for a new Wikimedia Foundation Sister Project.|
|What is the proposed name for the project?||Wikitemplates|
|Proposed project tagline||The template repository|
What is the project purpose? What will be its scope? How would it benefit to be part of Wikimedia?
|It will be a repository for templates which will be used on other Wikimedia Wikis.|
|How many wikis?
Will there be many language versions or just on one multilingual wiki?
|As it is a template repository, it will be multilingual|
|How many languages?
Is the project going to be in one language or in many?
|Proposed project website address||https://wikitemplates.org/|
|Proposed logo for the project|
If the project requires any new features that the MediaWiki software currently doesn't have, please describe in detail. Are additional MediaWiki extensions needed for the project?
|See phab:T66475 about implementation|
Wikitemplates is a wiki that is basically a repository for templates, which will be used as a replacement for local templates which occur in most wikis.
- Previous discussion of global templates: Global-Wiki
- Alternative approach for the time being at mw:Multilingual Templates and Modules
As of now there is no mentioning of this project
There are none, as of now.
- This is a good idea, mainly because I would LOVE to restore the old SharedIP templates (the ones with the blue box and the big "Attention:") to English Wikipedia. Putting "Welcome to Wikipedia! Create an account!" into an anti-vandal template is just dumb. Lojbanist (talk) 08:46, 30 March 2018 (UTC)
- Good idea. This will make it simpler to contribute to multiple wikis. New wikis will also start faster. We will all gain time. -- Thibdx (talk) 03:48, 14 August 2018 (UTC)
- Strong support. Very good idea to globalize some hundred-thousand of templates! Infoboxes, cite-webs, external link templates etc. Фред-Продавец звёзд (talk) 16:38, 3 May 2019 (UTC)
- Strong support Changing my earlier perspective, this is actually brilliant idea, much easier than transferring templates from another project. Would help in many ways to projects that lacks templates. maybe we should make his a part of commons. Arep Ticous 17:22, 9 September 2019 (UTC)
- Support Already working on such a project on mediawiki with Yurik Capankajsmilyo (talk) 09:31, 11 May 2019 (UTC)
- Strong support Having recently become an admin on a smaller wiki, yeah.. this is badly needed. –MJL ‐Talk‐☖ 00:26, 11 September 2019 (UTC)