CentralNotice/Request/Volga WikiSeminar 2017
Volga WikiSeminar 2017
- , primary contact (Requested at 06:15, 9 October 2017 (UTC))
|Central Notice Settings|
What countries will your campaign target?
What is the purpose of Campaign? How will you measure the success of the campaign?
Community notification text
- EN: Dear colleagues, please comment on CentralNotice banner proposal for Volga WikiSeminar 2017 announcement (all active WPs in languages of Russia, except Azerbaidjani, Kazakh, Finnish and Ukrainian; globally, except Ukraine). Thank you.
- RU: Уважаемые коллеги, пожалуйста выскажите своё мнение по поводу баннерной кампании CentralNotice для объявления о Приволжском вики-семинаре 2017 (все активные ВП на языках России, кроме азербайджанской, казахской, украинской и финской; глобально, кроме Украины). Спасибо.
- Support It is also necessary for the development of the Finno-Ugric languages, including! Community Wikimedians of Erzya language User Group (UG EZY) supports! --Erzianj jurnalist (talk) 12:22, 9 October 2017 (UTC)
- MYV: Равчирева ёнксонь викисеминарось — 2017 и. сундерьковонь 4-6 @ Йошкар-Ола ош, Марий Эл Республикась.--Erzianj jurnalist (talk) 20:41, 12 October 2017 (UTC)
- Support, per above. --Edler von Udinium 13:42, 9 October 2017 (UTC)
- BUA: Эжэл шадарай можо нютагай вики-семинар — 2017 оной 11 һарын 4-6 @ Йошкар-Ола хото, Марий Эл Улас I think it is better, if the banner is also in Russian.--Edler von Udinium 04:06, 23 October 2017 (UTC)
- Elvonudinium, thanks! You mean that even in Buryat wikis it is better to show Buryat and Russian at the same time? Shall Russian be like another line in a smaller font? --Base (talk) 20:47, 23 October 2017 (UTC)
- All banners which I saw in VepWiki were in Estonian language, because it is inserting automatically (Estonian engine in VepWiki). But if it will be available, translation of the banner:
Central Notice Admin comments
Frhdkazan, Here's the banner: , you can add more translations here: . Currently set up it to all the languages listed and English in Russia (with fallback to Russian) and to the 3 languages of Russia for the whole world. Will add more languages to the worldwide campaign when translations are provided. Bezik, Saint Johann, you were not satisfied with Russian banner text, you are welcome to provide your opinion concerning this one. --Base (talk) 02:45, 17 October 2017 (UTC)
- @Frhdkazan: I would’ve preferred ‘вики-семинар’ in Russian text, since this is the grammatical form used most in such cases in Russian language (with a hyphen). Other than that I have no problems with the text, it’s too dry to be inviting to show it to random Russian readers IMO, but it’s not a big problem. stjn[ru] 05:59, 17 October 2017 (UTC)
- The banner is redirecting to this page: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Meta:Example --Soul Train (talk) 03:05, 25 October 2017 (UTC)