Automatically watch pages containing specific string
- Problem: There may be some pages you want to follow automatically after they've been created. For example on Meta-Wiki you would like to follow all the new Tech News (like Tech/News/2017/46) or on Wikipedias some project pages like "Requests for adminship" or pages that have a "(2017 movie)" in their title. Now you can only add them on your watchlist manually, but if there is an option to automatically add all pages for example starting with "Tech/News*" to your watchlist it would be very handy.
- Who would benefit: Users who want to follow new pages they are interested of.
- Proposed solution: Add an option to add strings of page titles that would be automatically followed after pages are created.
- More comments:
- Phabricator tickets: Ability to watch lists of pages, e.g. all sub-pages of a page
- Translations: none yet
- @Stryn: I think this is phab:T4308, but I'll leave it for you to add to the proposal in case I'm mistaken. (Also that task's description needs to be rewritten for clarity). See also the semi-related phab:T166924. Quiddity (WMF) (talk) 00:41, 18 November 2017 (UTC)
- @Stryn: What do you think about watching all pages (as they come in) in a category as a way to solve this problem instead? That sounds much more feasible and idiot-proof. There's a proposal for it here - Watchlist created on categories -- NKohli (WMF) (talk) 00:45, 21 November 2017 (UTC)
- Support --Liuxinyu970226 (talk) 13:27, 28 November 2017 (UTC)
- Support as proposer. Stryn (talk) 14:06, 28 November 2017 (UTC)
- Support Thomas Obermair 4 (talk) 23:11, 28 November 2017 (UTC)
- Support Libcub (talk) 05:32, 29 November 2017 (UTC)
- Support Donald Trung (Talk 🤳🏻) (My global lock 🔒) (My global unlock 🔓) 12:43, 29 November 2017 (UTC)
- Support Dromedar61 (talk) 21:51, 30 November 2017 (UTC)
- Support ديفيد عادل وهبة خليل 2 (talk) 12:42, 2 December 2017 (UTC)
- Support Matiia (talk) 15:41, 2 December 2017 (UTC)
- Support HylgeriaK (talk) 16:42, 3 December 2017 (UTC)
- Support Guycn2 · ☎ 19:43, 4 December 2017 (UTC)
- Support Epìdosis 08:16, 5 December 2017 (UTC)
- Support X:: black ::X (talk) 22:37, 9 December 2017 (UTC)
- Support Psychoslave (talk) 08:40, 11 December 2017 (UTC)