Grants:Project/Rapid/Bukky658/Wikimedia Fan Club, Kwara State University Awareness Campaign
- Please see the sample General promotion campaign application before drafting your application.
- You can also read a recent general promotion campaign application, Promotion of Maithili Wikipedia and their related report.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed. You can add details to each goal.
- Online promotion of Wikimedia project(s)/campaign(s) on social media platforms.
- Offline promotion of Wikimedia project(s)/campaign(s) in Kwara State University Malete.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What is your promotion plan?
You can do a campaign involving billboards or rickshaw announcements to promote a Wikimedia projects, such as Santali Wikipedia, at different places in a city. You can promote an online campaign such as Wiki Loves Monuments on Facebook, Twitter, etc using ads. You can also create gifs/slideshows or other easy to make multimedia files and use them to promote your project on social media.
- To organize offline and online awareness campaigns and a one-day physical training for Students and staff of the university on what the Wikimedia projects are all about and sensitizing them on how they can contribute to it. This awareness campaign and training will expose and equip them to skills needed for editing Wikipedia and its sisters project, and expose them to other areas of study outside their regular academic curriculums.
2. How will you let your community know about the promotion campaign?
Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- It will be announced on the Wikimedia User Group Nigeria, Kwasu Fan Club, Ilorin Wikimedia Hub as well as on social media platforms such as KWASU Wiki Fan Club Whatsapp group.
3.Do you have any experience in promoting Wikimedia projects either online or offline?
Were you involved in a similar project in the past? Do you have any other experience related to online/offline promotion?
- Yes I do.
- Olaniyan_Olushola The chairman board of trustees at the Wikimedia User Group Nigeria will also be attending the awareness campaign to share his experience with the prospective members.
- The President Bilijin and Vice presidentGodstime Elijah of Unilorin Fan Club .
- James_Moore200 Founder of Wiki Loves Sustainable Development Goals Nigeria and Co-Founder of the WikiVibrance.
- Bukky658 was the event organiser for the Wikipedia Promotion Campaign for Ilorin Corpers in promoting and training National Youth Service Corp (NYSC) members currently serving in Ilorin on the Wikimedia projects such as English Wikipedia and Wikidata, which recorded alot of success. Also I am currently leading the 1lib1ref 2022 Kwara Campaign to improve verifiability and reliability of Wikipedia articles by adding relevant citations.
4. What is your post-promotion plan?
What do you plan to do after your campaign ends?
- After the Awareness campaign and training, the participants will be integrated into the KWASU Fan Club and add to its existing social media platforms where they can receive mentorship and monitoring of their progress.
5. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- This project is an introduction of Wikimedia projects to students and staff of the Kwara State University Malete through the Kwara State University Wiki Fan Club
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
- Number of people reached= 200
- Number of campaign participants= 40
- Increase in pageviews for a Wikimedia projects= 500
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Personal Laptops and mobile phones
- 6 experience editors
- Kwara State University Library Space
- Bukky658 (Team lead and Project Cordinator); will be handling selection of facilitators and coordinating the smooth running of the awareness campaign.
- Olaniyan_Olushola (Special Guest Speaker); will be talking about the contributions of the Wikimedia User Group Nigeria, its supports to fan clubs, and its impacts in promoting open knowledge and open access using Wikimedia products and projects.
- James_Moore200 (Facilitator); will be talking on the Importance and use of Wikipedia, its core content policies, how to improve and edit Wikipedia, with examples of campaigns and contests carried out on Wikipedia.
- Bilijin (Facilitator); will be talking on the importance and use of Wikidata, how to improve and create Wikidata, with examples of campaigns and contests carried out on Wikidata.
- Godstime Elijah (Facilitator); will be talking on the importance and use of Wikicommons, steps on how to upload media files on Wikicommons, with examples of campaigns and contests carried out on Wikicommons.
- Linason Blessing Media and Publicist for the project.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Food and drinks = $10 x 40 participants = $400
- Internet support for participants, and team members, and post training for report writing = $121
- Router for internet connection during training= $60
- Souvenirs ( Jotters, pen, and stickers) $8 x 40 participants = $320
- Local inter-state transportation for Special guest speaker = $50
- Accomodation for Special guest speaker = $72
- Local running for Team Members = $13 x 6 = $78
- Customized shirts ($6) for 6 Team members and 40 participants = $276
- Promotions and branding
- Offline ( 2 Roll-up banners, posters, etc) = $200
- Online promotion = $100
- Projector rental = $12
- DSLR Camera Rental= $53
- Contigency = $87
- Total = NGN 760,315 |USD 1,829
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Strong support Godstime Elijah (talk) 15:57, 10 February 2022 (UTC)
- Strong support Super glad the state University in Kwara State of Harmony is getting a Fan Club established there.James Moore200 (talk) 16:29, 10 February 2022 (UTC)
- Strong support This project will create more awareness that will expose and equip students and even lecturers of the Kwara state university the skills needed for editing Wikipedia and its sisters project, Linason Blessing (talk) 05:26, 11 February 2022 (UTC)