Grants:Project/Rapid/Icem4k/Wikipedia Social Media Campaign
Please see the sample Contest application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Increase Wikipedia in Zambia Awareness through Social Media.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
- Possible programme
- Social media Wikipedia contest/engagement
- Wikipedia Awareness Promotion
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?
- The contest will be a public engagement contest, which will focus on the brand awareness of Wikipedia. Like stated above, the public will be called to submit one-minute videos explaining why they love Wikipedia. These videos will be shared on a central Social Media page and users will be asked to invite their friends to like their videos, which will cause a ripple effect. The contest will span a period of one month and winners will be announced weekly, and a grand prize winner will emerge on the fourth week.
2. How will you let people know about the contest?
- We'll building awareness for the contest mainly through Social Media (Facebook and Instagram) ads. However, relevant information will also be shared on the Facebook page and twitter page, etc
3. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
- The video with the highest views and likes for each week (for 3 weeks) will be rewarded with standard Smartphone mobile phones. The overall highest views and likes, will be rewarded with Samsung Galaxy A30, on the fourth week.
4. For photo contests, what is the strategy to get images used on projects?
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
- Number of Participants: at least 100 people to make and share their videos.
- Video views: A total of at least a 50,000 views overall of all the videos that have been submitted.
- Increased awareness of Wikipedia in Zambia.
For writing contests:
- Number of participants
- Number of articles created or improved
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Isaac Kanguya - Project Manager.
- Wikilover90 - Project advisor.
- Imanga - Social Content Creation.
- Kasolo - Social Content Creation.
- James - Graphic Designer.
- Francis - Video production.
- Kenndy - Volunteer.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Funding of the budget ($1480)
|Items||Quantity||Item description||Amount (USD)||Note|
|Social Media Ads||-||To run ads for the competition and also ad about our Wikipedia community which will encourage people to join plus a special did you know facts everyday.||$390||To promote the contest call and other posts on our social media channels Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.|
|Internet Data||-||Internet Data to help us upload the the videos on our social media channels||$95|
|Weekly Prize||3||Smartphones that will not cost more than 2000, Wikipedia T-Shirts and 50kwacha Airtime||$450||All the items/Prizes will be bought from Zambia.|
|Grand Prize||1||A smartphone that not costing more 4000, A Wikipedia T-Shirt and 100kwacha airtime.||$295|
|Meet Up||-||$250||After the contest we want to meet the winners for a small ceremony.|
I would like to make a request that the remaining funds from Wiki Love Africa Zambia ($168.12) be relocated to here.
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!