Grants:Project/Rapid/Lokesha Kunchadka/Editathons to Sullia Cultural Heritage in Kannada Tulu Wikipedias
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- New wikipedia editors.
- Increasing female editor on Kannada and Tulu Wikipedia.
- Adding and improving cultural related content.
- Promoting the value of documenting culture through Wikipedia.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- We are going to conduct a series of workshops. This workshop will be conducted in different parts of coastal Karnataka. Mainly we are going to conduct these workshops in colleges. We wants to conduct these in collages because where we get students and infrastructure like laptop and internet coennction.
Note that dates are tentative. We are in the final stage of confirming the revised date.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- Village pump Kannada wikipedia
- Village pump Tulu Wikipedia
- Mailing List.
- Event Page.
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Only few participants are expected to have the resources. For others who do not have resources and equipments we will arrange it. We will be arranging the edit-a-thons at the computer labs of various colleges. In this way we are solving needs related to equipments. Participants will be provided with necessary trainings and materials. Also we will train them to edit on mobile if necessary. This will retain the editors for long.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- The participants will be kept in touch after event through email, social media like Facebook and Whatsapp group. Also we will keep their track on Wiki. If they face any difficulties we will solve that problems. As per plan we are going to conduct follow-up edit-a-thon at the same places.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- This project also will bring some needed content to Kannada, Tulu Wikipedia. We will also concentrates on editor relationship from these events.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events: 3.
- Number of participants: 80.
- Number of new editors: 70.
- Number of of articles created or improved: 45.
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events): 70.
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding)
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
|Si No||Detail||Amount in INR|
- Total USD = 1345
- Total INR =92,500
- Detailed budget is available in a Google spreadsheet here
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Benet G Amanna
- This is very good project. I support this project. --Vishwanatha Badikana (talk) 04:57, 7 August 2018 (UTC)
- I support this project --Vinoda mamatharai (talk) 09:11, 7 August 2018 (UTC)
- ✓ ★ Anoop / ಅನೂಪ್ ✉ © 14:58, 7 August 2018 (UTC)
- Support --J. Ansari Talk 17:03, 7 August 2018 (UTC)
- ✓ Initiatives to improve and highlight local languages in the Wikis are very much welcomed and this particular project in Tulu reaching a small town like Sullia is highly appreciated. -BHARATHESHA ALASANDEMAJALU (talk) 18:39, 7 August 2018 (UTC)
- Support- Sidheeq (talk) 09:02, 18 August 2018 (UTC)
- Support 2405:204:5207:E920:0:0:B6D:88B1 09:49, 20 August 2018 (UTC)
- ✓ --*ರವಿಮುಂ* (talk) 01:23, 21 August 2018 (UTC). A good initiative that requires financial support.Ravi Mundkur
- Support- Sangaram Keshari Senapati (talk) 05:28, 21 August 2018 (UTC)
- Support- Pavanaja (talk) 11:08, 21 August 2018 (UTC)
- Support-Ananth subray (talk) 03:43, 21 September 2018 (UTC)
- Support This is good initiative from Lokesha. He attended TTT-2018. He learnt a lot in that program. I believe Lokesha can conduct and lead event successfully. --Gopala Krishna A (talk) 03:48, 21 September 2018 (UTC)