Grants:Project/Rapid/Mujeebcpy/Wikidata Birthday 6th Celebrations in Kerala

From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
statusFunded
Mujeebcpy/Wikidata 6thBirthday Celebrations in Kerala
Wikdata and Wikipedia Awareness sessions for students in 10 colleges/universities/educational institutions to introduce various wiki projects and make them wiki contributors as part of wiki sangamolsavam 2019
targeten.wikidata.org ml.wikipedia.org english, malayalam
start date01-01-2019
start year2019
end date19-01-2019
end year2019
budget (local currency)70,000
budget (USD)$963.083
grant typeindividual
granteeMujeebcpy
contact(s)• mujeebcpy@gmail.com
join
endorse


Please see the sample Meeting application before drafting your application.

Project Goal[edit]

Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.

  1. To boost WikiData outreach programmes in Kerala
  2. To spread awareness about Wikipedia, WikiData and other sister Projects
  3. To conduct an event where local WikiData and wikipedia editors can network
  4. To Introduce Wikidata and wikipedia in Colleges/universities/educational institutions in Kerala (expecting 10 workshops)


Project Plan[edit]

Activities[edit]

  1. What is the purpose of the meeting and why is it important to your community?
    spread awareness about wikidata and wikipedia in 10 colleges/universities/educational institutions as the part of Wikisangamolsavam, which introduce what is wikipedia and Wikidata and how to edit it and contribute to different wiki projects.
  2. If applicable, what benefits have you seen from doing this kind of meeting in the past?
  3. How will you let participants know about the meeting?
    Community members will be notified through mail groups. and inform through social media groups such as Whatsapp, Telegram and facebook. inform the Collage students through the collages and hostels notice board and connect through FOSS groups.
  4. How will you keep participants engaged after the meeting is over?
    We will keep in touch with the participants through Telegram group. Support to new editors will be given through the telegram group. We will create followup events with support of various Departments of colleges.
  5. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
    Yes, some senior editors will participate in the event
  6. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
    We have a team of senior Wikipedia editors for knowledge sharing.We will provide 5 laptops from our side and Participants will bring their own laptops. Internet would be provided by us.
  7. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
    have planned to introduce wikidata game and wikidata tools to College students. we already started the Eventpage Here

Impact[edit]

Note: In addition to your project-specific measures of success, you will also be asked to report on some Global Metrics at the end of your final report. Please keep this in mind as you plan, and we'll support you as you begin your project.

  1. Number of total participants 500
  2. Number of people who will help organize the event 6

Budget[edit]

  • Expense for resource persons (Food, Accomodation, Travel expense etc..) to 10 colleges - 30000 Rs
  • Food and refreshments (Tea, Snacks, Birthday Cake etc..) - 25000
  • Swags and Printing (Wikidata One page, Stickers, IDs, Posters etc…) - 10000
  • Incidental - 5,000 Rs

Total - 70,000 Rs

Resources[edit]

  1. What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).

We have a team of 5 Experienced Wikipedia Editors to share insights about Wikidata. Arrangements will be made to provide laptops for participants coming without a laptop.

Endorsements[edit]

  • Support Support This is the first big event in Kerala about Wikidata to students. I will join to co-ordinate these events. --Ranjithsiji (talk) 11:24, 13 September 2018 (UTC)
  • Support SupportSidheeq (talk) 11:29, 13 September 2018 (UTC)
  • Support SupportI volunteer to coordinate the program. --Kannan Talk 11:35, 13 September 2018 (UTC)
  • Support Support--Arunsunilkollam (talk) 12:22, 13 September 2018 (UTC)
  • Support Support A good opportunity to introduce Wikidata and its potential to college students and general public. --Ambadyanands (talk) 13:09, 13 September 2018 (UTC)
  • Support Support Good to know Wikidata outreach program is going to be conducted as part of 6th birthday celebration in Kerala. Its a good choice to introduce Wikidata to college students along with wikipedians. This outreach program helps to contribute more to Wikidata as we can see here during India Independence Day 2018 - Label-a-thon. I strongly endorse this application Jinoytommanjaly (talk) 14:05, 13 September 2018 (UTC)
  • Support Support Abijith k.a (talk) 15:07, 13 September 2018 (UTC)
  • Symbol strong support vote.svg Strong support --J. Ansari Talk 15:18, 13 September 2018 (UTC)
  • Support SupportAkbarali (talk) 16:42, 13 September 2018 (UTC)
  • Support Support--Akhiljaxxn (talk) 17:07, 13 September 2018 (UTC)
  • It will be a good initiative in introducing WikiData to Students Nandukrishna t ajith (talk) 18:52, 13 September 2018 (UTC)
  • Symbol strong support vote.svg Strong support Jyothishnp (talk) 03:01, 14 September 2018 (UTC)
  • Symbol strong support vote.svg Strong supportKannan Shanmugam (talk) 14:43, 14 September 2018 (UTC)
  • Symbol strong support vote.svg Strong support-Sai K shanmugam (talk) 09:09, 15 September 2018 (UTC)
  • Support Support --Ilaveyil riswan (talk) 11:07, 23 September 2018 (UTC)

Participants[edit]

  • Volunteer I will co-ordinate these events and take the "Introduction to Wikidata" session in colleges. Also co-ordinate the online edit event also. Ranjithsiji (talk) 11:22, 13 September 2018 (UTC)
  • Volunteer I will help to coordinate the events. Kannan Talk 11:33, 13 September 2018 (UTC)
  • Volunteer I would like to help in organizing the events with the help of local Free Software User Groups. --Ambadyanands (talk) 13:14, 13 September 2018 (UTC)
  • Volunteer I would like give online support from here. Akbarali (talk) 16:44, 13 September 2018 (UTC)
  • Volunteer I would like to help in organising the event Nandukrishna t ajith (talk) 18:49, 13 September 2018 (UTC)
  • Volunteer I would like to help organising the events. Jyothishnp (talk) 03:03, 14 September 2018 (UTC)