Grants:Project/Rapid/WMPT/Wiki Loves Earth Exhibit Tour
- Please see the sample General promotion campaign application before drafting your application.
- You can also read a recent general promotion campaign application, Promotion of Maithili Wikipedia and their related report.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed. You can add details to each goal.
- Offline promotion of Wikimedia project(s)/campaign(s)
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What is your promotion plan?
You can do a campaign involving billboards or rickshaw announcements to promote a Wikimedia projects, such as Santali Wikipedia, at different places in a city. You can promote an online campaign such as Wiki Loves Monuments on Facebook, Twitter, etc using ads. You can also create gifs/slideshows or other easy to make multimedia files and use them to promote your project on social media.
- Photo exhibition of top photographs from Wiki Loves Earth around the world highlighting the diversity of habitats worlwide. Exhibit will be organized in conjunction with CIIMAR an environmentally focused research centre attached to the University of Porto, and will tour several outdoor venues, starting with the Botanical Garden of Porto (in collaboration with the Natural History Museum of the University of Porto) and will then be transported to other venues, such as Environmental Monitoring Centers, Interpretation Centers at natural parks and other similar venues with the possibility for outdoor exhibits (details still being confirmed if this grant is approved). The exhibition would be promoted through the venues' communication offices via their websites and social media accounts as well as WMPT's own. This grant request is an extension to Grants:Project/Rapid/WMPT/Wiki Loves Earth 2021 in Portugal that contemplates the printing of the photos on large canvases. This grant would cover additional material, such as low-cost projectors for an audiovisual presentation on the interior, additional material to affix the canvases to their place (needs to be a flexible solution to allow it to work at the different venues). This would allow a wider promotion of the movement and projects for a longer period across many other communities outside the main urban areas of Porto and Lisbon, with an expected high impact due to the quality of the images and the professional communication departments of the several entities involved.
2. How will you let your community know about the promotion campaign?
Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- As mentioned in Grants:Project/Rapid/WMPT/Wiki Loves Earth 2021 in Portugal, we have informed the Lusophone Wikipedia community , the Wikimedia Commons portuguese language village pump  and the Wikimedia Portugal mailing list  about the initial grant request. We have discussed this extension internally, and we will announce this extension through the same venues.
3.Do you have any experience in promoting Wikimedia projects either online or offline?
Were you involved in a similar project in the past? Do you have any other experience related to online/offline promotion?
- Yes, we have been involved in online and offline activities for the past 11 years, namely organizing Wiki Loves Earth since 2015. The CIIMAR team has a lot of experience in science communication and exhibits, particularly on environmental issues and ocean preservation. Examples include the exhibitions "Monstros Marinhos" (Sea Monsters) and "Mar de Plástico" (Sea of Plastic) 
4. What is your post-promotion plan?
What do you plan to do after your campaign ends?
- The exhibit will have a call to action for attendants to document their local wildlife and nature. We will include contact information for people that are interested to know more how to contribute to the Wikimedia movement, and will monitor the projects to see if there is an increase in participations in key categories, such as Portuguese wildlife.
5. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
- We had completed the form for the first venue at . As additional venues are confirmed we can complete separate forms for those as well, but they shouldn't be much different from the first venue. COVID rules in Portugal for in-person events will probably start requiring people to present a COVID certificate (either through vaccination or a test) to attend events starting in the next weeks .
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- This grant is a complement for the Grants:Project/Rapid/WMPT/Wiki Loves Earth 2021 in Portugal.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
- Number of people reached at social media
- Number of visitors at each venue
- Number of media reports
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- The exhibit is being organized by myself, and the communication department at CIIMAR (where I am also employed as an assistant researcher). The communication team consists of three people and they are making budget requests, contacting the venues, designing the exhibit, etc.)
There is some funding that has already been made available by the WMF, namely through Grants:Project/Rapid/WMPT/Wiki Loves Earth 2021 in Portugal (that includes 620€ for this exhibit) and Grants:Project/Rapid/WMPT/Wiki Loves Earth 2020 (that includes 220€ for printing photos), which we intend to use for this project.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- We are requesting these additional funds to complement the 840€ already allocated for this exhibit in order to allow the materials produced to be used in a wider way, furthering the impact of the campaign and in line with sustainability practices to use the materials produced to the extent of their usability.
- We therefore request the following:
- 400€ for small low cost projectors
- 600€ for transportation costs of the material between venues
- 350€ for additional material for fixation of printed photos to the venue sites
- 300€ for contingencies (such as variation in prices, or unforeseen expenses)
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!