Grants:Project/Rapid/Wikimedia Community User Group Tanzania/1Lib1Ref 2020 in Tanzania
Please see the sample Contest application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- To Improve the existing Swahili and English articles related to Tanzania by adding at least one reference for each article.
- To welcome in newbies who want to contribute to Wikimedia projects.
- To share useful skills among Wikimedians on how to contribute to Wikimedia projects especially Wikipedia.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?
The #1Lib1Ref project will focus on adding at least one reference to biographies of notable people in Tanzania as well as notable places.
2. How will you let people know about the contest?
- We will use our Social media pages (Facebook, Whatsapp, Instagram and Twitter) as well as our metapage to let participants know.
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- Yes. We have at least 5 experienced editors to facilitate the event.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Some of them are experienced editors, others are beginners and others are intermediate.Therefore before the editing session there will be a session on the basics of editing Wikipedia before commencement of the #1Lib1Ref program.
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- It will be an interesting project as it doesn't require many references to do edits. Hence many articles will be improved.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events =1
- Number of participants =25
- Number of new editors =5
- Number of of articles created or improved =At Least 20
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events)
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
Core Team Members
We have a team of atleast 4 active wikimedians plus three Swahili Wikipedia Admins who will accompany us on this project.
- Antoni Mtavangu- Project Manager
- Edwin Bakalemwa- Event Manager
- Alfredina Manila- Project facilitator
- Paul Mandele- Project Facilitator
- Pellagia Njau- Project Coordinator
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- 1 USD =2290.44 as of 15 November, 2019 
- Food, snacks and drinks 30 people @8USD =240 USD
- Internet 1@20USD=20 USD
- Stationery 1@35USD=35 USD
- Local Transport 1@275=275 USD
- Branding (Banner) 1@100=100 USD
- Long distance transport and accommodation 3@60=180 USD
- Event Facilitation(camera and projector rent,communication,emergency,Logistics & Bank rates)1@200USD=200USD
- TOTAL=1050 USD
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!