Grants:TPS/Alina Vozna/Master class for librarians on the Wiki-Conference 2017 in Moscow
This Wikimedia Participation Support request was funded in the fiscal year 2014-15. A report is available.
Briefly explain what are you trying to accomplish with this project, or what do you expect will change as a result of this grant. Example goals include, "recruit new editors", "add high quality content", or "train existing editors on a specific skill".
- Recruit new editors of librarians, training to upload photos on Wikimedia Commons
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. What will you and other organizers spend your time doing?
- I will share the experience of Ukrainian librarians and the results of our trainings. In 2016 and 2017, trainings were organized on writing articles and uploading photos, as a result, the number of new editors in the Ukrainian Wikipedia increased.
How will you let others in your community know about your project (please provide links to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions)? Why are you targeting a specific audience?
- I announced my master class on this page https://ru.wikimedia.org/wiki/Вики-конференция_2017/Программа (number 6). Because teaching librarians to work with Wikipedia is important for all countries. The site of the Nekrasov library (which is a major methodological center for Moscow libraries) will be used for the ad.
What will you have done at the end of your project? How will you follow-up with people that are involved with your project?
- I check the photos uploaded by the librarians, formulate comments, after which we will work on the errors. In the future I will advise them remotely.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more specific to your project:
- Number of total participants - 20
- Number of articles created or improved (if applicable) - 20
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons (if applicable) 200
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects (if applicable) 50
What resources do you have? Include information on who is the organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- I have all the necessary resources, except the opportunity to pay the cost of the trip to the conference.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense:
- I need ticket for round trip from Khmelnytskyi to Moscow. It can be booked at booking.uz.gov.ua (English version is available).
- Alina made a very useful presentation @ Wikimedia Conference Russia 2016 in St. Petersburg, expect to hear something interesting again. Frhdkazan (talk) 13:04, 26 September 2017 (UTC)
- Knowledge of the participant will be very useful for Russian users of the encyclopedia.JukoFF (talk) 14:06, 26 September 2017 (UTC)
- Support.--Soul Train (talk) 19:36, 26 September 2017 (UTC)
- Support. Dmitry Rozhkov (talk) 21:41, 26 September 2017 (UTC)
- Experience of Alina Vozna should be useful for Russian colleagues. --Visem (talk) 18:52, 27 September 2017 (UTC)
- Support.--Nickispeaki (talk) 18:09, 30 September 2017 (UTC)