Wikimedia Travel Guide: Naming poll open
You are receiving this message because you voiced your opinion at the Request for Comment on the Wikimedia Travel Guide.
The proposed naming poll opened a few days ago and you can vote for as many of the proposed names as you wish, if you are eligible. Please see Travel Guide/Naming Process for full details on voting eligibility and how the final name will be selected. Voting will last for 14 days, and will terminate on 16 October at 06:59:59 UTC.
Invitation to Wikimedia CEE Spring 2017
- Dear Dmitriy,
- Last year you were the local organiser of CEE Spring in Russia and we invite you to participate in this year's contest! Please subscribe to the mailing list of the local organisers at https://lists.wikimedia.bg/mailman/listinfo/ceespring-localorganisers, add your community at the Meta page with the participants and discuss this year's edition of the contest on its talk page (Talk:Wikimedia CEE Spring 2017/Participants). We are looking forward to reading from you soon!
- On behalf of the international organisers,
- --Ата (talk) 20:59, 16 January 2017 (UTC)
Presenting Community Engagement Insights survey report: Tuesday, October 10, 1600 UTC
We will be hosting a public event online to present the data, a few examples on how teams will be using it for annual planning, and what are next steps for this project. The event will take place on Tuesday, October 10, at 9:00 am PST (1600 UTC), and the presentation will be in English. You can watch the livestream here, and ask question via IRC on #wikimedia-office.
We hope to have you join us online! -- María Cruz 23:28, 2 October 2017 (UTC)
- Update your subscription to these messages by clicking here.
Upcoming 2019 Affiliate-selected trustee position on the Board of Wikimedia Foundation
Greetings Mr. Zhukov,
My name is Gerald Shields, also known as user:Geraldshields11. I am asking for your top rank vote for me in the election for one of two open trustee positions on the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees.
I am asking for your vote to help support emerging communities and promote an inclusive education environment on all wiki projects. Also, I plan to promote various other issues as I mention in my statement and answers to various questions. I ask that you show your support for the issues that need to be address by voting for me as one of your preferences.
My candidacy information page is Affiliate-selected Board seats/2019/Nominations/Gerald Shields on Meta or can be found at Gerald Shields candidate. As of the 7 May 2019 list of questions, I am the only candidate to have responded to all of the “Questions for all candidates - Questions for this individual candidate that do not apply to other candidates”. My answers give more details on why the Don Wikimedians User Group should vote for me.
Thank you for your time, discussion, and consideration of my candidacy. I appreciate it.
My best regards,
- Thank you for your organization's vote in the second tier during the 2019 trustee election. Without your organizations', Igbo's, and AfroCrowds' votes, I would not have been able to score better than expected. Geraldshields11 (talk) 20:30, 17 June 2019 (UTC)
New proposed UG
Hi, we are trying to create a new User group that acts as a global coordination project on meta for scientific subjects. See m:Science Wiki User Group. Wiki Science Competition will be one of its assets.
It will take some months to shape it but we are very motivated. Specifically, one of the main target of the group are people with an academic degree and/or who are involved in scientific research in real life, we want it to reach out to the scientific community.
Please join us and spread the news in your local community. We need at the moment epecially users with a sufficient knowledge of English or of meta since we are still building it (we will translate the page in the future when its identity is stable). Every comment is welcome (see the talk page)--Alexmar983 (talk) 14:30, 15 June 2019 (UTC)