Learning and Evaluation/Archive/Learning modules/3Welcome
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Jump to page|
Part 1: Introduction
Part 2: Reliability & Validity
Part 3: Question Construction
Part 4: Response Options
Part 5: Questionnaire structure
Wikimedia Training Designing Effective Questions Menu
Designing Effective Questions - Welcome!
- In this module, you will learn the basics of survey question development. Writing effective questions for a survey is not as simple as it may seem - there are many factors that can influence how someone responds to a question. We hope to uncover some of these factors in this training to help you get the information you need from your surveys.
- This training will provide an overview of how to:
- Developing questions to capture valid and reliable data
- Choose between different types of questions and suitable response options
- Review questions for common problems and resolutions
- Order questions and plan the survey process
- This training does not include many other factors required in designing and implementing a survey. Such as:
- Appropriate strategies for implementing a survey
- Potential costs of collecting surveys
- Accessibility of resources and respondents
- Standards that need to be followed, especially those associated with privacy
- Without further ado, let's begin!