- The following discussion is preserved as an archive of a closed Meta-Wiki request. Please do not modify it.
I would like to apply for the right "translation admin". I am a longterm (~14 years) wikimedian and work in the software development department of Wikimedia Germany as part of the Community Communications Team since 3½ years. My colleague User:Johanna Strodt (WMDE) already has this right, but it would be good to have a second person on the team to avoid problems when my colleague is not in the office. I already have experience using the System: I'm translation admin on mediawiki.org and know about the rules and conventions. -- Michael Schönitzer (WMDE) (talk) 15:09, 11 December 2019 (UTC)
- Hello Michael Schönitzer (WMDE), your SUL account doesn't reflect the tenure you described above, do you have an additional account? — xaosflux Talk 15:33, 11 December 2019 (UTC)
- This should be in [[Meta:Requests for translation adminship/Michael Schönitzer (WMDE)]] fwiw. —MarcoAurelio (talk) 10:23, 12 December 2019 (UTC)
- @Xaosflux: Do you mean my history as long-term wikimedian? That can be seen in my private account MichaelSchoenitzer (SUL), the first ~2 years I edited as IP. -- Michael Schönitzer (WMDE) (talk) 13:28, 12 December 2019 (UTC)
- Support experienced volunteer and chapter staff member. — xaosflux Talk 14:01, 12 December 2019 (UTC)
- Support per Xaosflux -MrJaroslavik (talk) 14:47, 12 December 2019 (UTC)
- Support Masum Reza☎ 18:19, 12 December 2019 (UTC)
- Oppose "it would be good to have a second person on the team to avoid problems when my colleague is not in the office" is not a valid rationale. If I'm not mistaken, no translation work was done with this account at all, so TA flag is not required and should not be granted just for a hypothetical situation. --Krd 18:36, 12 December 2019 (UTC)
- Support per Xaosflux.--Turkmen talk 21:35, 12 December 2019 (UTC)
- Support Long-term experience across multiple projects. The request reason is reasonable. – Ammarpad (talk) 02:21, 13 December 2019 (UTC)
- Support No issues. ‐‐1997kB (talk) 14:10, 13 December 2019 (UTC)
- Support Per Xaosflux and Ammarpad. Not a big deal for TA and sooner or later if WMDE needed this member to help out, they will request, and given the trend it's likely they will be granted then, so why not now. This is a little different per typically hat collectors as it's a chapter work they will be supporting and on meta, chapter spaces are best managed by themselves typically. --Camouflaged Mirage (talk) 07:41, 14 December 2019 (UTC)
- Oppose what Krd wrote above. --Steinsplitter (talk) 14:39, 14 December 2019 (UTC)
Done. Despite the objections from Krd and seconded by Steinsplitter, I feel there's still consensus from the participants in this request in favour to grant the requested permissions. —MarcoAurelio (talk) 18:07, 29 December 2019 (UTC)
- The above request page is preserved as an archive. Please do not modify it. Comments about this page should be made in Meta:Babel or Meta:Requests for help from a sysop or bureaucrat.