- The following discussion is preserved as an archive of a closed Meta-Wiki request. Please do not modify it.
Hi, I would like to request to provide me the admin rights as I am adding translations to our newly approved user group. It being new, we are going to add a lot many new pages and I would need use the rights on a regular basis. I have gone through the extension documentation. I am already active as a Wikipedia admin on Odia Wikipedia, and have been translating many site notice banners and am one of the most active localizers on Translatewiki. --Subhashish Panigrahi (talk) 10:42, 6 July 2017 (UTC)
- Support Trusted editor. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 19:08, 6 July 2017 (UTC)
- Support —Alvaro Molina (✉ - ✔) 22:50, 6 July 2017 (UTC)
- Support --Zerabat (discusión) 14:37, 9 July 2017 (UTC) Trusted editor. As said, Psubhashish will need to create or mark a lot of translations, and giving the permission will reduce the work load of the other Translation admins.
- Question: Have you read the docs and understand how the system works? There are very experienced translation admins such as Base who you can ask for help in case of doubts. —MarcoAurelio 11:17, 10 July 2017 (UTC)
- Thanks all the friends who trusted on and endorsed me. @MarcoAurelio:, yes, I have gone through the docs. I don't have any particular question right now. But if I have any, I'll certainly reach out to you and other colleagues. --Subhashish Panigrahi (talk) 12:29, 11 July 2017 (UTC)
- Hi. Have you
markedprepared any page for translation? if yes, could you please give some examples? Matiia (talk) 23:42, 12 July 2017 (UTC)
- Hi @Matiia:, I have marked pafes for translation in the past. Recently I marked this one. --Subhashish Panigrahi (talk) 03:21, 13 July 2017 (UTC)
- Grr, I meant to say prepared, not marked. Thanks for the link. It would be nice if you can use
<tvar|></> with links and not to have so many paragraphs together in a unit translation, it's easier to translate. Could you please apply this changes to that page? Matiia (talk) 03:30, 13 July 2017 (UTC)
- Psubhashish, and also Titodutta as the one marking that one for translation: could you compare Special:Permalink/16967572 with mw:Help:Extension:Translate/Page translation example/mw:Help:Extension:Translate/Page translation administration and tell here what was and is wrong there, first of all at the interface of titles and paragraphs? --Base (talk) 22:12, 17 July 2017 (UTC)
- Re-pinging Titodutta as there was a typo in your username in my comment above. --Base (talk) 22:14, 17 July 2017 (UTC)
- Question: Did you ask for admin rights or translation admin rights?--AldNonymousBicara? 19:27, 19 July 2017 (UTC)
- Translation admin rights. Hi everyone, I have been traveling and have not been able to answer to the questions you all have asked nor have I been able to take action for some of the items. Please allow me with a couple of days and I will do them all. Thanks much for your understanding. --Subhashish Panigrahi (talk) 04:19, 1 August 2017 (UTC)
@Psubhashish: No problem. This kind of requests do not have a fixed duration (that does not mean they can stay open forever though). Regards, —MarcoAurelio (talk) 11:13, 4 August 2017 (UTC)
Not done. Sorry, requests cannot be open forever and there has been plently of time to adress the questions raised. Please fill a new request when/if you're able to answer posible questions or comments from the community. Thanks. —MarcoAurelio (talk) 18:25, 11 August 2017 (UTC)
- The above request page is preserved as an archive. Please do not modify it. Comments about this page should be made in Meta:Babel or Meta:Requests for help from a sysop or bureaucrat.