|←Discussion pages||Babylon talk page||Archives→|
| Welcome to the Babylon talk page! This place is dedicated to discussions about all the translations-related issues here on Meta-Wiki.
Hello, I have migrated Help:Edit summary to use Translate extension, so previous translation have been archived. You can find them in translation page history (you can copy them to update the translation). If you’re a translation admin, you can also use Special:PageMigration to help previous translation import. Sorry for inconveniance. —Pols12 (talk) 17:26, 18 January 2020 (UTC)
- Done In fact, most of “translations” were actually interwiki redirects, so I just imported real translations for ar, fr, it and ja (often marking them as fuzzied when I thought translation were outdated). —Pols12 (talk) 16:31, 27 February 2020 (UTC)
People’s name localisation
Hello, In your languages, can the names of people require to be localised? I mean we should choose between these both following options:
- we should always put people’s name inside TVAR to avoid misspelling.
- or we should always allow translators to localize people’s name.
- I think it is useful to give languages the opportunity to transcribe names (or de-transcribe them, if they had been transcribed into the Latin script from the local script of the wiki). /Julle (talk) (in his volunteer capacity) 12:42, 28 February 2020 (UTC)
Message to readers from Wikimedia Foundation
Given the unfolding global events, the Wikimedia Foundations feels it is important to reassure readers across the globe.
We'll be displaying a short message at the top of the projects reaffirming our commitment to keep Wikipedia and the Wikimedia projects online, open and free for all. Readers often turn to Wikipedia for neutral information in times of stress. This is a critical moment for students who can't go to school, people who have to stay home with their families, and anyone who needs a trusted source of unbiased information.
We also want to take a moment to acknowledge the invaluable work of all the medical contributors on Wikipedia. Thank you for keeping a close watch and keeping misinformation at bay. Coronavirus topics have received tens of thousands of edits by thousands of editors since the start of the pandemic. The article has been read more than 30 million times, in English alone.
The message will be displayed just once to readers, and you can preview the banner. The draft is in English but we want this message to be multilingual. If you have a moment, please help translate this banner into your language. Thank you all, for your work and efforts.
- The above message is duplicated from Wikimedia_Forum#Message_to_readers_from_Wikimedia_Foundation. --Yair rand (talk) 20:40, 19 March 2020 (UTC)
- @Seddon (WMF): can I suggest making the link open in a new tab, so that it doesn't result in the message going away? In the banner, in
<a>element. Thanks, --DannyS712 (talk) 08:57, 21 March 2020 (UTC)