Carta del Moviment/Comitè Redactor/Procés de configuració
Es preveu que el Comitè de Redacció de la Carta del Moviment comenci amb 15 persones.
Una convocatòria de candidats té lloc del 2 d'agost al 14 de setembre de 2021. La convocatòria està oberta a voluntaris de projectes wiki i afiliats, així com a personal remunerat d'afiliats i de la Fundació Wikimedia.
There is a 4-step process for setting up the committee:
- Nomination process to create the candidate pool.
- Election process for project communities to elect 7 members of the committee.
- Selection process for affiliates to select 6 members of the committee.
- Wikimedia Foundation process to appoint 2 members of the committee.
- July - August 1, 2021 - Preparations
- August 2 - September 14, 2021 - Nominations
- September 15 - October 10, 2021 - Election and selection set up
- October 11 - 24, 2021 - Community elections
- October 11 - 24, 2021 - Affiliate selection
- October 25 - 31, 2021 - WMF appointment
- By October 31, 2021 - Announcement of the Committee
Procés de nominació
- The call for candidates takes place from August 2nd to September 14th 2021.
- The call is open to volunteers from wiki projects and affiliates as well as paid staff from affiliates and the Wikimedia Foundation.
- The Diversity and Expertise matrices inform stakeholders about the desired qualities of the drafting committee.
- The list of all candidates is public on Meta.
- Candidates will publicly nominate themselves filling the candidacy template with a logged in user account.
- Candidates are expected to fill in the nomination template in its entirety.
- The template can be filled in in any language. Candidate statements will be translated to a number of languages and in this process also English translations will be provided.
- There is one single pool of candidates regardless of affiliation.
- All committee members will be elected, selected or appointed from this common pool of candidates.
- There is an eligibility check for the candidates.
- Candidates should not be sanctioned in any Wikimedia project or have an event ban. There are no eligibility criteria regarding the number of edits.
- They are identified to the Foundation as they are appointed.
- Candidates cannot be selectors of the affiliate selection process.
The election process is designed to involve online project communities in the Drafting Committee set up.
- To be eligible for voting a user must:
- not be blocked in more than one project;
- and not be a bot;
- and have made at least 300 edits before 12 September 2021 across Wikimedia wikis;
- and have made at least 20 edits between 12 March 2021 and 12 September 2021.
- Affiliates and the Foundation will have their own respective processes and
- Affiliate staff and volunteer organizers will not be eligible to vote.
- Foundation staff will not be eligible to vote;
- (However, individual staff members may still be eligible to vote as ordinary users).
- Voting will be conducted using SecurePoll.
- The elections will be set up and managed by the Movement Strategy and Governance team of the Wikimedia Foundation.
- There will not be appointed scrutineers for the election process, yet the data will be published day-to-day for transparency.
- The elections will use the Single Transferable Vote method.
- Top 7 candidates will be appointed to be part of the Drafting Committee with a constraint of no more than 2 elected members per wiki project.
- The 8th and 9th candidate will remain in the stand-by list to act as an alternate if needed.
- Election process will take place from October 11 to October 24, 2021 (AoE).
- Results of the elections will be announced before the end of October 31, 2021.
The selection process is designed to involve affiliates in the Drafting Committee set up.
- For conducting this process, a selection committee formed by affiliates will be set in place.
- The selection committee will be formed based on a regional approach.
- The proposed distribution of regions, based on the existing collaborations:
- Central and Eastern Europe, and Central Asia
- East Asia, South East Asia, and Pacific
- Sub-Saharan Africa
- Middle East and North Africa
- North America
- South America and Caribbean
- South Asia
- Western and Northern Europe
- Thematic organizations without a regional component
- Each region will appoint 1 selector in a transparent affiliate selecting process to form a 9 member Selection Committee.
- Each region decides their preferred selection method.
- The selectors need to be appointed and the committee formed by October 10, 2021
- The selection process will run in parallel to the election process and will focus on adding diverse expert profiles to the Drafting Committee based on the Diversity and Expertise matrices.
- Every selector will create their list of preferences.
- There will be a meeting to discuss the preferences and to finalize the selection across the group.
- The selection will be conducted between October 11 - 24, 2021
- The results of the selection process and the Drafting Committee members will be announced before the end of October 31, 2021.
- Appointed selectors cannot be candidates for the Drafting Committee.
Appointment by the Wikimedia Foundation
The Wikimedia Foundation selects 2 members of the Drafting Committee.
- The Foundation will nominate two staff members, who will join the common pool of candidates.
- The Foundation will appoint 2 selectors by October 10, 2021.
- One day after the results of the projects’ election and the affiliates’ selection, the Foundation will select two additional candidates from the pool on the week of October 25 – 31, 2021.
- The results of the WMF selection process will be announced before the end of October 31, 2021.
- When counting the results, the following order will be taken: 1. elections, and 2. selection.
- This means that, in the elections process, the 7 top candidates will be first appointed.
- Afterwards, the top candidates in the affiliate selection process will be ranked. If any of them has been elected already, they will be skipped. Eventually, 6 additional top candidates will be appointed through the selection process.
Additional appointment and replacement
- After the committee is constituted, they can optionally select up to three additional candidates by consensus. This is to bridge any diversity and expertise gaps.
- If any of the committee members is no longer available to fulfill their duties, member replacement mechanisms will be used:
- Election process is set up to provide 2 alternates for elected candidates.
- Selection group will be reconvened to replace any candidate nominated by selection.
- WMF selectors will replace any candidate nominated by WMF.