Public outreach/Academy/RfC/Playback script
For my talk, it'd be useful to illustrate the typical development of an article, and to allow the participants to see the same for any article of their choosing. I imagine that we could have a script that produces a ""movie" of the article history, perhaps starting from a specific revision to the present. Ideas for such a script would be welcome.
Some ideas that occur right away:
- Time the frames either by edit, or by time persisting on the web.
- Condense edits by the same editor, within a certain time-frame.
- Keep a running tally of the dominant contributors as the history unfolds.
- Set overall time of the "movie"
- Detect and skip vandalism
- Set a threshold for short-lived versions; maybe skip those, too.
- Display edit summaries?