The following request for comments
is closed. There is a clear consensus to ban this user over persistent cross-wiki copyright violations
Statement by TJH2018
Yahadzija (talk • contribs • block • xwiki-contribs • xwiki-date • CA • ST • lwcheckuser)
This user is blocked on eleven wikis, with more than three being indefinite. A request for global lock was denied. User constantly uploads copyvios and after multiple warnings seems to have no understanding of copyright laws. TJH2018talk 15:42, 9 May 2017 (UTC)
- The block reasons on the different Wikipedias appear to vary a lot and are certainly not all for copyright reasons. On Commons we have a block for repeatedly uploading unfree files, and on en.wiki the block is for copyright violations. Discussion at en:User talk:Yahadzija#My mission might finally be getting somewhere, with some understanding that the only photos which can be used are ones that they have genuinely taken themself. If we can resolve the copyright issues at en.wiki, I would think that a global ban is not needed at this stage. Boing! said Zebedee (talk) 18:17, 10 May 2017 (UTC)
- Just to update, I unblocked on en.wiki on the condition that they engage in the discussion of their images, and do not upload any more or add any more to articles. They immediately added an image to an article, so I have reblocked. Boing! said Zebedee (talk) 09:02, 11 May 2017 (UTC)
- Update the SPI clerk Vanjagenije disabled the talk access from making disruptive unblock requests but i'm pinging Vanjagenije to support the Wikimedia Foundation ban right there wait for Vanjagenije to support the ban 2602:306:36D5:5690:A448:C802:DC37:B105 07:45, 29 May 2017 (UTC)
Statement by Yahadzija
Possible errors are caused by wrong license choices. I do not understand why my original recordings are considered as unfree and rare photographs that only I possess. Even the images that were taken 125 years ago. I am ready to accept recommendations, but what is all this ?
The original picture of Šiprage (I'm proud of it!) I put on Commons and 235 wiki, and they were ruthlessly wiped and destroy my work of several days and months. What can I do?
Please, carefully look at my pictures. Some I have made on Google maps because of your ignorance and permanent uncertainty...
Yahadzija (talk) 23:16, 11 May 2017 (UTC)
- Note: For whom is questionable originality of my paintings, as follows:
- For these my images I guarantee on my honor and my life!
Who of you have deleted pictures? They are my originally records.
Yahadzija (talk) 16:47, 6 June 2017 (UTC)
Statement by 126.96.36.199
The criterion of the ban from the Foundation is:
- 1. User was blocked indefinitely 6 projects and 2 temporarily projects
- 2. Repeated addition of copyright infringement files without a permission
- 3. Pure cross-wiki abuse on all Projects
This WMF ban can might helpful for this blocked user Yahadzija in response for this ban right now 188.8.131.52 23:36, 18 May 2017 (UTC)
- Support per Boing! said Zebedee we have an consensus to implement a WMF global ban we can ask an Commons admin to indefinite block Yahadzija we need this 184.108.40.206 22:21, 11 May 2017 (UTC)
- Support clear disruption across numerous projects. This person has caused such a mess everywhere they go. Enough is enough. --Majora (talk) 20:50, 15 May 2017 (UTC)
- Support. The user is indefinitely blocked in Croatian, English, Navajo, Romansh Wikipedias, English Wikinews, and Wikimedia Commons. --Well-Informed Optimist (talk) 14:47, 18 May 2017 (UTC)
- Support More than a week ago, IP 220.127.116.11 pinged me to comment. I initially declined to do so, as my interaction with and knowledge of Yahadzija had been limited to seeing his requests for unblock in a Common's admin maintenance category. I declined the request(s) as failing to indicate an understanding of the issue. After the related (one month) block expired, and after the aforementioned IP ping, Yahadzija re-uploaded problematic images that had been previously been deleted. Consequently, I blocked him indefinitely. I now notice he has been re-uploading certain of those files to numerous other projects (e.g. , , , etc.) where they are again being tagged for inadequate sourcing/speedy deletion/etc. Thus it seems clear to me, given the sheer number of projects involved and the unambiguous lack of clue, that a global ban is necessary. Эlcobbola talk 14:40, 19 May 2017 (UTC)
- Support As one of admins on bs.wiki (Yahadzija's "home" wiki), he also have a long history of bans and blocks, despite some good edits and contribution. Anyway, his way of communication and constant repeating his errors (typos, inserting huge images in articles, also possible violations of copyright of some images and text), brought him to the "borderline" of future blocks and ban. Considering all this mess he made around other wikis and project in whole, I'm supporting global ban.--C3r4 (talk) 08:55, 24 May 2017 (UTC)
- SupportEnogh is enough. He is bocked in 11 wikis at the moment, Every time because of uploading unfree files, Vandalism or thatway. Block him, and we had one bad user less. --Victor Schmidt (talk) 16:18, 5 June 2017 (UTC)
- Support. An extremely annoying and inadequate person. A leopard can't change its spots. --Wolverène (talk) 23:55, 5 June 2017 (UTC)
- In addition: Even if the images are actually yours, you can't hide the fact of cross-wiki abuse of machine translation while the mass creation of articles about Šiprage. Like here. Sometimes I saw non-translated texts in English, Bosnian or French (because people are allegedly stupid and cannot distinguish Bambara from French or Cree from Bosnian). So do not think that those 240 (or less) articles about Šiprage are a reason to be proud. --Wolverène (talk) 14:34, 7 June 2017 (UTC)
Strong support per NeilN 2602:306:36D5:5690:D129:4044:C9C5:5882 04:57, 6 June 2017 (UTC) LTA vote stuck – Ajraddatz (talk) 06:19, 16 June 2017 (UTC)
- Support per Majora and Wolverène.--18.104.22.168 17:08, 6 June 2017 (UTC)
- Support aside from copyright violations, Yahadzija has also been active creating stubs about his hometown of Šiprage in various languages. Unfortunately, since he does not speak most of these languages, he has to rely on machine translations, copying from other articles, mixing words from different languages, and just guessing. So the articles sound something like this: "The Šiprage is the paeso of Bosnia-Herzegovina. The year 2013 had 788 habitants". In the bigger Wikipedias and some smaller ones, these articles have been corrected, in others deleted, but in many small Wikipedias there is no one active or interested in correcting such gibberish. I think creating such articles on this scale without making an effort to politely ask for a proofreader first, definitely qualifies as abuse. See for example the patient requests for him to stop doing this on the Danish Wikipedia, and my not quite as patient discussion with him on the Romansh Wikipedia. --Terfili (talk) 21:03, 6 June 2017 (UTC)
- Since my last comment, the activities I described have continued, for example cr:Šiprage on the (largely inactive) Cree Wikipedia (first written in Serbocroatian, then "corrected" to English), uploading of pictures previously deleted from Commons (e.g. cy:Delwedd:Siprage-pioniri-1943.jpg on the Welsh Wikipedia, and others), and similar actions on the Finnish Wikipedia, where fortunately there are active editors. I urge for a global block and deletion of any articles on Šiprage that have not since been proofread by local editors. Especially for small, inactive or nearly inactive Wikipedia versions, getting cluttered up with linguistically faulty stubs and copyright violations can be a real problem and discouraging for a new community to form. --Terfili (talk) 09:29, 11 June 2017 (UTC)
- Support Enough is enough. The user has not learned after being blocked on 11 wikis. --Rschen7754 00:29, 13 June 2017 (UTC)
- Support While I also copyvioed in the early months, I believe that users who are doing illegal things on many devices should always be global banned. --Liuxinyu970226 (talk) 10:25, 13 June 2017 (UTC)
- Support long overdue. --Steinsplitter (talk) 14:09, 13 June 2017 (UTC)
- Support per Majora and Wolverène.- Prinsipe Ybarro (Talk to me) 10:27, 14 June 2017 (UTC)
Support per Bbb23 2602:306:36D5:5690:5C83:9979:F9B3:C7B6 02:30, 15 June 2017 (UTC)
- Voted twice.--C3r4 (talk) 05:48, 16 June 2017 (UTC)
- Support Wow, just wow. This is the first time I saw a user blocked on 11 wikis. I wonder why they are not yet locked. --Poyekhali (talk) 01:53, 17 June 2017 (UTC)
- Support, enough is enough. Just this user is now blocked on meta due to harassment to other users on their talk pages. --Ks-M9 [disc.] 16:45, 17 June 2017 (UTC).