As you may know, the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees approved a new "Access to nonpublic information policy" on 25 April 2014 after a community consultation. The former policy has remained in place until the new policy could be implemented. That implementation work is now being done, and we are beginning the transition to the new policy.
An important part of that transition is helping volunteers like you sign the required confidentiality agreement. All Wikimedia volunteers with access to nonpublic information are required to sign this new agreement, and we have prepared some documentation to help you do so.
The Wikimedia Foundation is requiring that OTRS volunteers sign the new confidentiality agreement by 31 December 2015 to retain their access. You are receiving this email because you have been identified as an OTRS volunteer and are required to sign the confidentiality agreement under the new policy. If you do not sign the new confidentiality agreement by 31 December 2015, you will lose your OTRS access. OTRS volunteers have a specific agreement available, if you have recently signed the general confidentiality agreement for another role (such as CheckUser or Oversight), you do not need to sign the general agreement again, but you will still need to sign the OTRS agreement.
Signing the confidentiality agreement for nonpublic information is conducted and tracked using Legalpad on Phabricator. We have prepared a guide on Meta-Wiki to help you create your Phabricator account and sign the new agreement: Confidentiality agreement for nonpublic information/How to sign
If you have any questions or experience any problems while signing the new agreement, please visit this talk page or email me (gvarnumwikimedia.org). Again, please sign this confidentiality agreement by 31 December 2015 to retain your OTRS access. If you do not wish to retain this access, please let me know and we will forward your request to the appropriate individuals.
Gregory Varnum (User:GVarnum-WMF), Wikimedia Foundation
Your assistance please (In need to being treated like another human being)
Hello. Not 100% sure if you have seen my messages and are just ignoring them or you've just not had time to reply., Anyway I'll get to the point. Several years ago I had an account on enwiki by the name of LouisPhilippeCharles and I was blocked (I forget by whom) and early last year I was able to get into contact with an admin by the name of Salvidrim! who was able to revive my account. I was blocked again shortly after due to the spite of another admin and have been unable to do anything since. Anyway, I also did a lot of work on the commons and it was actually you that blocked me (Under the pretence of "abusing multiple accounts" which is totally incorrect, I set up another one to upload an image I HAD MADE MYSELF which was also deleted despite my saying it was MY own work.) Anyway I was wondering if you could help me return to the commons at the very least, please bare in mind that just because you can't see me type this, am in fact another human being. Also it is almost a new year, please give me something to look forward to. Now I shall just pray you reply 188.8.131.52 10:56, 15 January 2017 (UTC)
Give me strength.
Hello, I left a few messages on your German talk page where I quite literally am pleading for your help but you have since ignored me entirely. So thought I'd try here instead. Please have the human decency to reply and help me, then I will happily shut up and leabve you be. Like I said I'm a human being. :/ 184.108.40.206 11:27, 23 January 2017 (UTC)
GOOD LORD. Help please. 220.127.116.11 13:59, 20 May 2017 (UTC)
Ugh. HELLO?! HELP ME. 18.104.22.168 11:37, 27 May 2017 (UTC)
All of my "suspected" images are my own work. Can you explain me why it is not acceptable for the wiki commons? I guarantee that none else is copyright owner of all of them! Every single appearance of those files on the internet is copy of my work because I uploaded it on several wiki projects. The photos are mainly older and I previously didn’t have it in digital version so all uploaded scanned images. If it is needed I can send hard copy of these images to prove that it is my work. Yahadzija (talk) 09:55, 7 June 2017 (UTC)
- Explanation and links to guidance and policies have been repeatedly presented to you by multiple editors on multiple projects. As there appears to be ample evidence that your failure to engage with them is deliberate, I will not offer you additional explanation or, indeed, additional response. Эlcobbola talk 15:45, 7 June 2017 (UTC)
Hi Elcobbola, just wanted to let you know that I have added the autopatrol right to your account, as you are a trustworthy user. This feature will have no effect on your editing, and is simply intended to reduce the workload on new page patrollers. For more information on the patroller right, see Meta:Autopatrollers. Feel free to leave me a message if you have any questions. Happy editing! RadiX∞ 19:32, 31 August 2017 (UTC)
- @Elcobbola: Por favor no me bloquees, disculpa pero no lo hagas.--Zemwa (talk) 22:37, 7 January 2019 (UTC)
- @Elcobbola:Please reply to my message do not block me, please remove the blockade, I apologize, what else do you want to unlock me?--Werxa (talk) 21:31, 25 January 2019 (UTC)
Salam Mr. Elcobbola!
saya bukan bermaksud membuat kaus kaki Suwanda Sitorus seperti dimaksud, tetapi saya ingin berkarya di tulisan-tulisan tentang orang-orang sukses di wikimedia, salahsatunya di wikimedia commons! di karnakan akun pertama saya yang Suwanda Sitorus lupa pasword! bukan bermaksud menghindari pemblokiran oleh admin seperti mr. Elcobbola mohon pengertiannya? dan yasa juga tetap pada aturan yang ada di seluruh wikimedia, salam. 22.214.171.124 23:50, 28 June 2019 (UTC)
- You forgot your password ten times, at least six times in the last ca. month, and, just coincidentally, that repeated forgetfulness was proximate to your new accounts being blocked for spamming, self promotion, and copyvios? I'm not sure whom you respect less: me, for thinking I'd believe that, or yourself, for asserting that. Эlcobbola talk 02:10, 29 June 2019 (UTC)
- I did not block you; Yann was the blocking admin. I merely removed talk page access after your repeated pings and non-responsive requests rose to the level of disruption, if not harassment. That you apparently believe this message, entirely devoid of substance, to be appropriate, responsive to the issues, or in any way productive seems to reaffirm that removal. Эlcobbola talk 16:04, 1 May 2020 (UTC)
- Please give me chance to write something on my talk page and I will message to him--ჯეო (talk) 14:47, 6 September 2020 (UTC)
How do I come out of my block on commons and enwiki and come to terms with my situation?
Well currently, I'm doing the standard offer on enwiki, but on commons, there is not such Standard offer or Unblock Ticket Request system to help with my unblock there since I can't edit my talk page. Can you please give me some suggestions on helping improve my situation? I think, with your 13 years of experience in wikimedia projects, I believe that you have plenty to say to help everyone. Any questions?--Eltomas2003 (talk) 20:44, 19 May 2020 (UTC)
- @Eltomas2003: You are blocked by him, like me, right?, I am messaging him but there is no answer--ჯეო (talk) 20:21, 2 September 2020 (UTC)
Hi how are you. I know I made mistakes and right now I'm paying for them. I want to change my name from "LukeCody" to "Aldair" and I can't because I was forever blocked from WC. May I know if there is any way you can help me change my name. I will understand if you want to block me, ok, I change my name and then you keep blocking me. Please. I need you to unblock me, I promise I won't use WC. Please reply to this message. Lukecody (talk) 15:16, 12 December 2020 (UTC)
Please, answer as soon as you can. Why did you blocked me forever? It was supposed to be 1 day. Also, the images of Mexican Peso, which were from Internet, I took them to avoid taking photographs to real notes, this as a safety and privacy measure. If I did a mistake, please tell me how I should upload banknotes images to Wikipedia to avoid copyright, because it’s free to edit and we can learn right?, or are you the Wikimedia Police?