Welcome to my talk page.
To leave a message, press the "add topic" button at the top of the page. I will usually respond on this page, rather than on your talk page. For any private requests, please email me.
- 1 help
- 2 IP BLOCK
- 3 About my lock
- 4 addition
- 5 Thank you
- 6 Delete global
- 7 Likely sock TobyWood
- 8 Invitation to Blocking tools consultation
- 9 Hi
- 10 Military history user group title
- 11 Reminder about Blocking consultation
- 12 Revdel
- 13 Re:
- 14 SRG
- 15 Please reconsider
- 16 Blocked?
- 17 Spam
- 18 User:virajmishra
- 19 User:ACYBERWARRIOR
- 20 Please help me unlock the 91st National Spelling Bee Page
- 21 Re:E-mail
- 22 Fish
- 23 Teamwork
- 24 220.127.116.11
- 25 auto patrolled right
- 26 Count in the Simple English discussion
- 27 Next steps for the wish “confirmation prompt for the rollback link”
- 28 Hi
- 29 Closure and archiving
- 30 Expiring GIPBE for Zuzanna Janin
- 31 You...
- 32 Extension of import tool on Simple English Wiktionary
- 33 Note
- 34 Emergency in KaWiki
- 35 i am just learning wikipedia editing so I am appalled that someone deleted the fun practicing article i had in my sandbox.
- 36 The Community Wishlist Survey
- 37 Adminship issues
- 38 GSfERpSA(Copyangry7fcvc 1)@zh.wikipedia
Hi bro, I'm koussayou003 at arabic wikipedia, I'm blocked for three mouth because i ask to reconfirm an admistrator password account with his E-mail , it's a joke and exuse but the blocked me, can you unblock me ??
Help me global unlock. 18.104.22.168 05:28, 11 November 2017 (UTC)
- Curious how this IP is able to edit when it says it's been globally blocked until 2021, since last year? Sro23 (talk) 06:26, 11 November 2017 (UTC)
How are you doing? I tried to edit my home Wikipedia today, the yo:Wikipedia but I discovered my IP was blocked by you. I don't know if I was caught in a range block. Thus, I am contacting you to unblock my IP. Regards. Wikicology (talk) 19:28, 13 November 2017 (UTC)
- Hello, I've exempted you from the global block until it expires on 21 November. Regards, – Ajraddatz (talk) 19:34, 13 November 2017 (UTC)
About my lock
I know that you relocked me because of my behavior, sorry, I just wanted to contact NotASpy, but unfortunately, the commons unblock, got into my head, please unlock my account, because all I want is to start and all I wanted is to make more big contributions such as here and wikidata, also, a day after my lock, I got a discussion and I now can't access my email to change the password also, because I don't remember it, so it would be pointless to be lock, since I don't have access to the account anymore.
- So, please, I recognized what I did, and that's why I did promise on the day you unlocked me to carry Wikipedia on my shoulders and protect as best as I can under the rules, you didn't made a mistake on unlocking me, you did well, and also, I didn't mean to disrupt but yes to contribute like in here and I plan to contribute more, if you give me the chance to do so.
So please, consider me an unlock and let me make the things right, if you do so, you won't regret it, I will make you all proud but I need that chance. I promise if I fail then you can relock me again and I leave Wikipedia once and for all.
Sorry, I hope you can understand
00:27, 15 November 2017 (UTC)
- No. You were unlocked for a couple of days, and managed to cement your existing blocks in the process and be indefinitely banned from IRC. The only way that you could possibly be unlocked now is by not repeating any of your disruptive behaviour for at least six months and request unlock again. But after the events that followed your unlocking this time, I would be very hesitant to grant it then. – Ajraddatz (talk) 01:46, 15 November 2017 (UTC)
Ok, that's your opinion and I understand, perhaps, if it was me I'll do the same thing, we have to be impartial right, Huon told me also the same thing, but if you want six months, got it, I'll wait, but after the six months pass, how can I request my unlock?
Also, everything I wanted was to edit but if you need six months to prove you wrong, you got it, I'll wait and after that about the English Wikipedia and all and how can I request my unlock without evading it?
And how can I also be unbanned from the IRC, also listen why do you have to keep me locked, I can't access into my account, I've lost the password and email, please give me three months instead because for me obsessive as I am 3 it's like 6, so please give me it and I will try after three months, not to repeat my obsessive behavior and if I repeat you can relock, ban me, do whatever you from me, so please think on that and also that I can't access my account because I can't access the email and pass, I frogot it.
So please, think on all that
Thanks for your time
2001:8A0:6A0C:3B00:FCEC:2CAC:B865:CB38 09:57, 15 November 2017 (UTC)
- Your obsessive behaviour is entirely the issue here. If that doesn't change, then you'll get relocked again right away. If you can't wait 6 months, then that fully shows that you are not ready to be here. In six months, you can edit SRG using an IP to request unlock. – Ajraddatz (talk) 18:54, 15 November 2017 (UTC)
Ok, got it, I'll wait it and then inform you and until then I'll focus on my project here, and on May, I'll ask it there, but isn't a lock evasion? Also, can request my unblock on wp or I have to fully wait? If it is to wait, I'll do, tell me what to do, and I'll do it. And I am more than ready and also, unfortunately I am an obcessive person, but I agree with Nick's point as well as yours to be less obcessive, right?
But now also, what is the point no, since I lost every access from my old account, the access to the email, the password of the account?
Thanks for your time
2001:8A0:6A0C:3B00:447:187E:B03F:C62 19:18, 15 November 2017 (UTC)
- The account will remain locked regardless. It is not lock evasion to appeal a lock with an IP, since there is no way to appeal with your account. See you in 6 months. – Ajraddatz (talk) 19:25, 15 November 2017 (UTC)
Thank you for your kind words about the work that Bonč has done for the Wikipedia in Croatian language and the Wikimedia movement. Bonč is one of the most respected editors of our community and will be sorely missed. Nevertheless I thank you for the personal and humane approach to these delicate matters. Truly yours, -- Nesmir Kudilovič (razgovor) 15:48, ponedjeljak, 27. studenoga 2017. (SEV)
- And thank you for giving me some background on him. Maybe someday he will even return :-) – Ajraddatz (talk) 20:51, 27 November 2017 (UTC)
Hi Ajraddatz. I can see that you've removed the rights of delete-global group here because the only member that had the global group lost his rights (yes, is temporal, I know) and presumably there is no consensus for a general group to exist. But, Pathoschild is recently requesting it again for his work in Synchbot service. So, the global group's rights could be restored or is necessary to talk him about this? He can't run synchbot again without this global group. Regards. --Ks-M9 [disc.] 12:28, 14 December 2017 (UTC).
- Hi, I'm aware of the request. Once it has passed, the group can be re-created by adding the four rights back to it. All of the localisation and required mediawiki pages remain in place. Regards, – Ajraddatz (talk) 19:37, 14 December 2017 (UTC)
Likely sock TobyWood
Today a new single-edit account, TobyWood, made an extremely similar post on the same page also complaining about WMF inaction. Also possibly related is blocked user Reguyla who made many similar posts on the previous executive director's usertalk,  and who also used the identical phrase 'toxic atmosphere' which was used in the newest post. TobyWood is almost certainly the same person as one or both of the other blocked accounts. Alsee (talk) 02:34, 16 December 2017 (UTC)
Invitation to Blocking tools consultation
The Wikimedia Foundation's Anti-Harassment Tools team is inviting all Wikimedians to discuss new blocking tools and improvements to existing blocking tools in December 2017 for development work in early 2018.
We are specifically contacting you for your ideas because you are one of the top users of the blocking tool on Meta. We think that your comments will help us make better improvements. You can post to the discussion in the language that you are most comfortable expressing your ideas.
Other ways that you can help
- Spread the word that the consultation is happening; this is an important discussion for making decisions about improving the blocking tools.
- Help with translation.
- If you know of current or previous discussions about blocking tools that happened on your wiki, share the links.
- Help summarize the discussion to share back to your wiki.
If you have questions you can contact me on wiki or send an email to the Anti-Harassment Tools team.
For the Anti-Harassment Tools team, SPoore (WMF), Community Advocate, Community health initiative (talk) 20:21, 18 December 2017 (UTC)
- I apologize for posting in English.
- Please let us know if you wish to opt-out of all massmessage mailings from the Anti-harassment tools team.
Hi there, so -by joking- i ask to reconfirm an admistrator account password by his email, so I apollozige for him but no, he blocked me for a mounth, i put some requests to unblock me so he block me for 3 mounth, i calm and waite for some time and i put again some unblock requests and i'm know blocked for 6 mounth. The admistrator is alaa and i'm koussayou003 from arabic wikipedia, can you please unblock me ?? Koussayou003 (talk) 20:48, 25 December 2017 (UTC) Koussayou003 (talk) 20:48, 25 December 2017 (UTC)
- Sorry, you'll need to ask Alaa or another arwiki admin to do that. – Ajraddatz (talk) 20:49, 25 December 2017 (UTC)
- @Ajraddatz: but you can unblock me ? Ask alaa and let's see your suggestions please ?
- another thing :
So when i was blocking, a friend create an account and i teached him how editing, so alaa ask my friend if he has an blocked account and he said no, so alaa chek him, well my friend is my neighbour so the same ip zone /24 is used from me and him but there is no using the same ip between us, another chekuser who named bassem said that we use the same ip but another chekuser who is Meno25 said that we dosen't use the same ip, ar finish one of the chekuser didn't said the reallty and he must be blocked, can you rechek me with my friend kalvenn and punish the chekuser who didn't said the reallty ??
@Ajraddatz: what you think ??
- As I've said, I cannot interfere with how arwiki's local community is running their project. Please contact local admins instead. – Ajraddatz (talk) 17:01, 27 December 2017 (UTC)
@Ajraddatz: please try to understand me, the admistrators of arwiki didn't let me talk, when i try to speak with him they block my ip, they protect their talk page and more things .. You are a steward ! You can do somethings and unblock me ?? Koussayou003 (talk) 22:22, 27 December 2017 (UTC)
- See Steward policy. We don't have the authority to act when there are local admins. As I've said many times now, please contact them instead. Sorry I can't help. – Ajraddatz (talk) 23:18, 27 December 2017 (UTC)
@Ajraddatz: i'll put an unblock request and see what's going to happend, they never let me talk, you can see the unblock request in ar:وب:إخطار الإداريين/إزالة منع/الحالية Koussayou003 (talk) 09:46, 28 December 2017 (UTC)
- Hello Ajraddatz, wish you in good health. Thanks for your replay. See 1 + 2 + 3, also you can see Koussayou003 report on CU wiki, also we give this user many chances but he still deal in the same way until now. He must wait until the end of block duration. Thanks again (@DerHexer, Defender, and Masti:) --Alaa :)..! 12:23, 28 December 2017 (UTC)
- I'll not say anything, as Ajraddatz told you it's thing related to the local policies so I'm sorry your situation discussed many times there. I repeated you must wait until the end of block duration. I'll not comment again here about this situation and all stewards can see your report on CU wiki. Sorry Ajraddatz for bothering you. --Alaa :)..! 12:44, 28 December 2017 (UTC)
- @علاء: like this i need to see the CU report, like every body see, you don't try to find solution, why we don't just find solutions ? Why you still négative ? We can find solutions here and forget those problems ? Why not ?
Military history user group title
Greetings, firstly thanks for your support and feedback to the proposal to form a user group for military historians of Wikipedia. As there is enough support for the proposal, it is time to choose a title, and go ahead. Please vote at Talk:Discussion to incubate a user group for Wikipedia Military Historians#Group name. Regards, Krishna Chaitanya Velaga (talk — mail) 11:47, 2 January 2018 (UTC)
Reminder about Blocking consultation
The discussion about new blocking tools and improvements to existing blocking tools is happening on meta now and is in the final days.
We contacted you because you are one of the top users of the blocking tool on this wiki. We think that your comments will help us make better improvements. There is still time to share your ideas. You can post to the discussion in any language.
Thank you if you have already shared your thoughts. You can also help out by sharing a link to the meta discussion with users on other wikis. Or you can translate the summary of the discussion and share it on another wiki.
If you have questions you can contact me on wiki or by email.
For the Anti-Harassment Tools team, SPoore (WMF), Community Advocate, Community health initiative (talk) 23:22, 16 January 2018 (UTC)
Your close of this checkuser request. This is a request that could confirm the real sock master for impersonation socking that has been tagged to the target of impersonation, not the actual sock master. It was a simple request, but became complicated because of a weird discussion with Vituzzu (entirely inappropriate), others adding more information (Marshallsumter), and then massive irrelevancies from obvious socks of the sock master, a previously identified LTA. Your very understandable reaction was exactly what he wanted. It was not necessary to follow all that complex argument to simply run checkuser on named accounts. Wikipedia checkusers cannot do that cross-wiki, and you are effectively denying a Wikiversity sysop access to checkuser, where the findings in this case could make a difference.
I am not going to be filing any more requests, because I no longer have any WMF interests, and it's becoming dangerous to speak up. I'm writing a comment on the history of this affair, on the talk page for that checkuser request, but it's time for me to retire totally, even if I'm attacked. I'm an old-timer, DefendEachOther. Thanks for all your help in the past. --Abd (talk) 04:03, 23 February 2018 (UTC)
- @HueMan1: sorry for missing your message. Are you still blocked? – Ajraddatz (talk) 14:41, 24 May 2018 (UTC)
Could you check this page? It looks like spam to me.
Hello brother my name is virajmishra and i have requested to global unlock here but someone is not help me. Please check my status and unlock my account soon.ThankYou 2405:204:E305:F94A:FF28:F3BA:81C2:2738 07:50, 26 April 2018 (UTC)
Please help me unlock the 91st National Spelling Bee Page
- Sorry, you'll need to ask on the specific Wikipedia that this affects. – Ajraddatz (talk) 02:13, 28 April 2018 (UTC)
- Fishing done, though one wonders about species recognition. — billinghurst sDrewth 03:47, 21 May 2018 (UTC)
- @Billinghurst: looks like a sock of Jay Jay Marcus Keize13. He has good edits on enwv so I'll hold off locking for now, especially since the enwiki SPI page is a mess. – Ajraddatz (talk) 16:02, 21 May 2018 (UTC)
- Fine with whatever you desire. If I wanted to get to lock, I would have gone straight elsewhere. Sometimes they need to be shepherded to a corner where they are doing no damage and left to keep themselves occupied. Often frustrated editors turn to vandals due to not finding the right home. So recovering the recoverable is better than chasing them xwiki. — billinghurst sDrewth 02:14, 22 May 2018 (UTC)
- @Billinghurst: looks like a sock of Jay Jay Marcus Keize13. He has good edits on enwv so I'll hold off locking for now, especially since the enwiki SPI page is a mess. – Ajraddatz (talk) 16:02, 21 May 2018 (UTC)
Your one-week block is pointless because the troll hops between IPs several times a hour. Search to obtain a better map of his IPs and make one or more anon-only range blocks. Incnis Mrsi (talk) 07:21, 29 May 2018 (UTC)
- Yes, I know, which is why I blocked the IP for 31 hours not 1 week. The range had far too much collateral to block. – Ajraddatz (talk) 16:04, 29 May 2018 (UTC)
- You shortened the Meta-wiki block only. The global is effective till June 5. Let’s watch whether will the troll resume attacks from the same ISP. Incnis Mrsi (talk) 19:01, 29 May 2018 (UTC)
auto patrolled right
Thank you very much for your previous helps and advises. I am an experienced editor with over 2500 edits on article content in meta, and have created many articles, none of which have been met with objections. Although I mainly work to improve existing articles, I plan to create more articles in the future, I have also become aware of the burden placed on reviewers. I would therefore like be granted auto patrolled right so as not to create unnecessary workload for reviewers. Yours faithfully - DejaVu
• Ps: I have eliminator, autopatrolled, rollbacker, uploader, patroller, page viewer and remover access in Persian wikis.--Déjà vu • ✉ 04:59, 5 June 2018 (UTC)
- Uh, ok. Done. – Ajraddatz (talk) 06:02, 5 June 2018 (UTC)
Count in the Simple English discussion
- Hmm, I thought I sent you a message about that. It seems to be entirely counter to the notion of having a discussion on an issue to reduce it to a numbers count, and at that one that's plopped randomly in the middle of the conversation. Might I suggest keeping a running tally at the top instead if you really want one? – Ajraddatz (talk) 22:53, 20 June 2018 (UTC)
- Fair point. I think at this point I'll just let it ride. Mostly I wanted to see if there was a clear consensus developing yet. And I'd venture that where we are is that there is not a clear consensus to close, there may be a consensus to remain open, but there is definitely an interest in trying to make SEW more accessible from enwp. Do you agree with that interpretation (as of now)?
- In reality:
- Per policy there will be no justification to close
- Not that we're anywhere near closing, but to some extent SEW is one of my "home wikis", so I'll be reluctant to close. If, though, there is a discussion on LangCom's mailing list, then I can close using a link to that. StevenJ81 (talk) 13:06, 21 June 2018 (UTC)
- Yes, I agree with your interpretation. If SEW is one of your home wikis, it might be best for you to recuse from closing the discussion, though of course if you were just implementing LangCom's will then that's acceptable. And for what it's worth, I could have just messaged you about the count (or ignored it), so apologies for the blunt action of reverting it out. – Ajraddatz (talk) 15:50, 21 June 2018 (UTC)
- NP. Happens. You're busy, I'm busy, we don't always think it through. Don't worry.
- I intend to let this discussion run unfettered until it's been open at least a month—my usual minimum on project closure discussions unless they're inherently invalid. StevenJ81 (talk) 16:02, 21 June 2018 (UTC)
Hello, a while ago you participated in a feedback round about a proposal how accidental clicks on the rollback link could be avoided. Thanks again for sharing your thoughts and ideas!
Looking at the feedback and the rollback situation in different wikis, the development team decided how to approach this wish: As a default, most wikis won’t have a confirmation. But users who wish to have one, can enable it in their preferences, which will add a confirmation prompt to the rollback link on the diff page and on the list pages. The prompt won’t be a pop-up, but an inline prompt like for the thanks confirmation. You can read more about the planned solution and what influenced this decision on the project page. -- Best, Johanna Strodt (WMDE) (talk) 09:34, 16 July 2018 (UTC)
- Just did an accidental pocket rollback (phone was apparently on as I was walking). I self-reverted. – Ajraddatz (talk) 15:44, 25 July 2018 (UTC)
Closure and archiving
Dear Ajraddatz, thank you for finally closing the case "Φαλτσέτα@el.wikipedia", which was open since early June, so it can be properly archived. A similar case is "Μαυρο Μαργαριταρι@el.wikipedia", pending since mid-March! May be you missed it, because a user had it removed a few minutes before. I have just put it back to its place , because it must be closed by a steward, and then archived the right way. Please, plaese take a look if you don't mind, because this case has been "haunting" the CU-requests page for over 3 months! Thanks in advance. ——Chalk19 (talk) 15:07, 30 July 2018 (UTC)
Expiring GIPBE for Zuzanna Janin
You granted this request nine months ago based on an OTRS request, but I don't actually see any record this user ever made an edit. In any event, this expires on Wednesday (22 August). StevenJ81 (talk) 17:43, 20 August 2018 (UTC)
- That can happen. I'll see if I remember to remove it on Wednesday. – Ajraddatz (talk) 18:49, 20 August 2018 (UTC)
- No problem. I proactively protected your userpage as well, given it's a likely target if they can't hit your talk. – Ajraddatz (talk) 20:19, 30 August 2018 (UTC)
- Ajraddatz, have you idea to launch global abuse filter against LTA/vandalism attempts? 22.214.171.124 20:25, 30 August 2018 (UTC)
- Thanks Ajraddatz! But can you to take action to defeat the LTA presence on global Wikis? 126.96.36.199 20:39, 30 August 2018 (UTC)
Extension of import tool on Simple English Wiktionary
Hi. My transwiki import tool expires on 5th September 2018. Can you please extend it for a further three months as I didn't have much time to be able to complete the imports as I have only completed 4 imports. I will have more time to be able to complete the imports over the coming three months. Thanks. Pkbwcgs (talk) 18:49, 3 September 2018 (UTC)
Without trying to muddy the waters of the rename request: I think it is fair to point out issues with a proposal, and I also think it's fair to remind stewards that they shouldn't be trying to tell other projects how to handle their own processes. If an en admin tried to do that for another project there would be an uproar. I've always been very supportive of not imposing en standards elsewhere, but I think there is many times a lack of respect going the other way. Renaming is global, but turning an individual's request into a discussion on the intersections of global and local is non-ideal, and isn't fair to the candidate. TonyBallioni (talk) 05:34, 10 September 2018 (UTC)
- I think you are misinterpreting the situation a bit. Matiia was making a suggestion, not dictating anything. He wasn't opposing the candidate because he didn't like enwiki's policy, or forcing enwiki to change through some other means. That's a pretty important difference. And even if he was trying to dictate what enwiki should do, there's no need for you to respond in such an adversarial way. – Ajraddatz (talk) 05:41, 10 September 2018 (UTC)
- I think I was fair in my response, even if it was a bit strong. I do think it is a fair critique of Matiia that he tends to be pretty dismissive of anything involving en.wiki, and I probably read his comment in that way given my past interactions with him, even if that wasn't his intent this time. If I made a mistake in reading it that way, it's likely my fault (most things tend to be), but I also do think it is fine to push back on some of the ideas a bit. Anyway, you've probably had enough of me tonight. If I bother you again it will be to remind you that you have an overdue RfB... TonyBallioni (talk) 05:59, 10 September 2018 (UTC)
- Indeed, this is often how enwiki gets a bad name (see my 2013 essay w:en:User:Rschen7754/You represent the English Wikipedia!, though it is a bit dated). When I was a steward, I sometimes did make suggestions on other projects when they were doing something that appeared nonsensical (though there was quite a bit that I kept to myself). Sometimes they take it, sometimes they don't, but as long as they're not violating privacy or something like that there's not a lot stewards really have the power to do anyway (community consensus and all). --Rschen7754 06:02, 10 September 2018 (UTC)
Emergency in KaWiki
Please read my explanation thoroughly. It is about an inexorable situation in the Georgian Wikipedia, the long-established. Every attempt to solve the problem locally fails again and again. So, please, do not be indifferent.
The requests are extraordinary, so I do not write on a general page, but personally.
Best regards, Deu. 17:59, 30 September 2018 (UTC)
i am just learning wikipedia editing so I am appalled that someone deleted the fun practicing article i had in my sandbox.
I have a gallery and art studio in Vancouver, it is big business and my boyfriend is Brian Scott. he is very famous and needs his own wikipdedia entry as a highly talented and prolific artist of west coast British Columbia architecture and landscapes. So I want to see how I can build the editing skills to write an article about him. Can you help?
- I can't help with that, sorry. You'll need to ask on the Wikipedia where you want to write the article. – Ajraddatz (talk) 19:29, 14 October 2018 (UTC)
The Community Wishlist Survey
You get this message because you’ve previously participated in the Community Wishlist Survey. I just wanted to let you know that this year’s survey is now open for proposals. You can suggest technical changes until 11 November: Community Wishlist Survey 2019.
You can vote from November 16 to November 30. To keep the number of messages at a reasonable level, I won’t send out a separate reminder to you about that. /Johan (WMF) 11:24, 30 October 2018 (UTC)