Requests for new languages/Wikiversity Vietnamese
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikiversity Vietnamese|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||vi (SIL, Ethnologue)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Vietnamese||Language name in English|
|Language name||Tiếng Việt||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q9199 - item has currently the following values:
||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Community||Kanzler31 (P), Ma2nschaft (N), Trần Nguyễn Minh Huy (N), Kimkha (N), Zia demion (N), Beyoncetan (N), Cheers! (N), JohnsonLee01 (N), Nothing I Can't (N).|
You can optionally list your user name if you are an active contributor to the test wiki. Add "N" next to your name if you are a native speaker of this language.
|Project name||Wikiversity||"Wikiversity" in your language|
|Project namespace||Wikiversity||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||Thảo luận Wikiversity||"Wikiversity talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||yes||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||File:Wikiversity-logo-vi.svg||135x135 PNG derivative from a decent SVG image (instructions)|
|Default project timezone||Asia/Hanoi||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||"Trường học", "Thảo luận Trường học", "Môn học", "Thảo luận Môn học", "Chủ đề", "Thảo luận Chủ đề".||For example for a Wikisource which would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk"|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
(merged from Requests for new languages/Wikiversity Vietnamese 2 which was created prematurely)
- Đây là đề nghị chính thức lần thứ 2 yêu cầu mở cửa phiên bản tiếng Việt của Wikiversity, một nguồn tin tức wiki có nội dung mở. Wikiversity tiếng Việt hiện vẫn đang được thử nghiệm.
Recently, a lot of students need documents to prepare for final exams, they don't know where to get them from? I think Wikiversity is the most reliable place for students to study and review. So far, Wikiversity has more than 1,200 articles containing Vietnamese language at Wikiversity Beta. This is really a very large number, I think we should open the Vietnamese version for Wikiversity! :-) -Best! -Check it in here. Thanks
Gần đây, hàng loạt học sinh cần có tài liệu để ôn thi cuối kì, họ không biết nên lấy từ đâu? Tôi nghĩ Wikiversity là nơi đáng tin cậy nhất, học sinh có thể vừa học vừa ôn thi, cho đến nay, Wikiversity đã có hơn 1.200 bài viết chứa ngôn ngữ tiếng Việt tại Wikiversity Beta. Thật sự là một con số rất lớn, tôi nghĩ nên mở phiên bản tiếng Việt cho Wikiversity! :-) -Best! -Kiểm tra nó tại đây. Thân mến
- @JohnsonLee01: The first request didn't closed, why make second? --Liuxinyu970226 (talk) 21:44, 5 July 2020 (UTC)
Arguments in favor
- Strong support With over 90 million native speakers as of 2018, there will likely be a sizeable number of Vietnamese students who willingly contribute to this project. As with many other projects at the beginning, the initial phase of Vietnamese Wikiversity will probaly consist of translations from other existing Wikiversities. But after that, original Vietnamese contents will definitely develop too.--阿 talk 00:48, 5 July 2020 (UTC)
- Support I am also a Vietnamese student, I really need it to study for the semester exams. Cinderace Galar (talk)
- Support I think a version of vietnamese is necessary.--Nacdanh (talk) 02:05, 5 July 2020 (UTC)
- Support It's growing large enough to be formally active. Tuanminh01 (talk) 02:38, 5 July 2020 (UTC)
- Support Why not? Keo010122 (talk) 02:41, 5 July 2020 (UTC)
- Support Nguyenhai314 (talk) 02:45, 5 July 2020 (UTC)
- Support Maihuongly (talk) 03:32, 5 July 2020 (UTC)
- Support I have contributed to this project and I found the inportance of this project. In addition, it is a very helpful project because of the free study tools Nothing I Can't (talk) 04:31, 5 July 2020 (UTC)
- Support I support this idea very much. In Vietnamese wikipedia, a large number of users is student, so wikiversity will be a perfect place for them. Mintu Martin (talk) 06:03, 5 July 2020 (UTC)
- Support Great idea! This is the perfect time to launch Vietnamese Wikiversity when university and college students are writing articles on Wikipedia for "homework". Q.Khải (talk) 03:05, 6 July 2020 (UTC)