|Please do not post any new comments on this page. This is a discussion archive first created in December 2017, although the comments contained were likely posted before and after this date. See current discussion or the archives index.|
Requests for comment/Ongoing issues at Chinese Wikipedia
This RFC probably needs to be closed. 守望者爱孟 has been WMF banned.
- This can be request at WM:RFH, which was I previously has commented the note at here, I have closed. SA 13 Bro (talk) 07:14, 4 December 2017 (UTC)
GREEK WIKIPEDIA = UNCYCLOPEDIA
If it's not a big deal, I would like to discuss with you about the Greek Wikipedia "ΒΙΚΙΠΑΙΔΕΙΑ". In this greek version of wiki, admins do not allow users like me to make changes which are correct and documented but they still write untrue and false information. They don't use any trustworthy source but they find unreliable sources from blogs, unreliable sites or they write anything that they come up with. Unfortunately, there are not many reliable greek sources on the internet, so they are always telling me that I can't prove my claims and they also use those fly-by-night sources as evidence. What could we do about this issue? I believe that the original english wikipedia should find a solution to this problem, because greek wikipedia is like an "uncyclopedia", the parody of wikipedia, and this maybe also be defamatory for wikipedia too.
I am a wikipedia user for many years and all this time I was discussing with those amateurs about this issue, but they were always deriding and turning me down. That's why I wrote to you. I think that a solution could be, if wikipedia stops allowing to anyone to become admin and set the same admins from english wikipedia to greek wikipedia, if is this possible. However, this issue concerns me as much as all of you, english and american users, because I can't deal with those unrepentants anymore. So, only a drastic solution may solve the problem or it will remain unsolved.
I hope, you could do something about it or give me some advice.
Thanks, for your time
- Not done uncircumstantial claims. By the way the English Wikipedia is just a simple edition of Wikipedia, as Greek one is. --Vituzzu (talk) 13:47, 9 December 2017 (UTC)
What do you mean with that my claims are uncircumstantial? What kind of circumstantial evidence do you want? If you don't care about this problem just tell me. It's ok. But please explain me what do you mean with your allegations.--ΔΗΜΗΤΡΗΣ Κ (talk) 16:33, 9 December 2017 (UTC)
- @ΔΗΜΗΤΡΗΣ Κ: I believe that Vito is stating that your request is out of scope. If you look at the role as defined at Stewards, please say what authority that there is to undertake your request. I do not believe that such authority exists.
Greek Wikipedia is a self-governing community that works on the basis of consensus of community discussion. Accordingly, you are best to undertake your conversation in that forum, rather than asking for a unilateral, unauthorised action here. Best of luck. — billinghurst sDrewth 00:07, 10 December 2017 (UTC)
Is it possible to get harassing usernames renamed?
A user created an account on English Wikipedia, Kaldari ist Kommunismus!, back in 2013. The account was immediately blocked, but still exists. Now whenever anyone types in my username in an interface that has auto-suggestion (which is more and more common), this username is displayed to them. There are numerous other instances of this, such as Jimbo "Penis" Wales, Eloquence is a censorous vandal, etc. Can we get these usernames renamed so that such harassment is not allowed to persist indefinitely? My suggestion would be to rename them to "Bad username 1", "Bad username 2", etc. Thoughts? Kaldari (talk) 23:08, 11 December 2017 (UTC)
- Such usernames can be globally suppressed in accordance with the OS policy. Requests can be directed through Special:Contact/Stewards. Global renaming should not be used in these cases, as it creates more log entries with the offending username and allows the username to be re-created. – Ajraddatz (talk) 23:13, 11 December 2017 (UTC)
- @Kaldari: 100% as @Ajraddatz: said --Alaa :)..! 12:39, 12 December 2017 (UTC)
Global rename for Atcovi
Hello, as wrote that Atcovi request for global rename permission will not ending before 19 December 2017, but today is 23 December, so if stewards can take a look! --Alaa :)..! 07:55, 23 December 2017 (UTC)