戦略/ウィキメディア運動/2017/更新/2017年1月8日付 - 進行報告3、ウィキメディア運動戦略プロセス
I hope that you all enjoyed your holiday break and have returned refreshed and ready for the exciting year we have ahead! With apologies for sending this out a few days late, here are the past week's updates on the movement strategy process.
The Community Engagement department has been working on bringing a cross-representation of affiliate representatives and contributors to the Wikimedia Conference being held in late March in Berlin. These folks will be invited to discuss the thematic direction of the overall movement, to share ideas, increase engagement, and begin finding places of agreement.
- We have sent invitations have been sent to 134 community members. We’re working with them to verify availability and finalize arrangements by the end of the month.
- Community members were identified based on their demonstrated leadership within Wikimedia and/or expertise related to Wikimedia movement-wide processes.
- Our goal is to use this opportunity to convene this group in a track devoted to discussing movement-wide thematic directions, and take advantage of plenary sessions.
- We’re still working through the details, but I look forward to sharing information about the team, including Lead Architect, who will be facilitating us through the process over the coming months.
- We’ll be sharing more information about the additional folks attending the Wikimedia Conference and the intended program, as they become available.
As always, you can track these updates on the Meta-Wiki portal for the movement strategy.
The Foundation is hosting our annual All Hands meeting this weekend in San Francisco. I don’t anticipate this delaying the coming week's updates, but wanted to give you a heads up that many people will be traveling next week and it is possible we will have delayed responses as a result.