Supporting Indian Language Wikipedias Program/Support/Ansumang
Please tell us which existing Wikimedia projects (Wikipedia, Commons, etc.) and language versions you are contributing to, and some of your best contribution towards the project and movement. Please add relevant Wiki/external link wherever applicable
- I have worked at English, Odia Wikipedia, accounts.wmflabs.org extensively. Also worked at Translatewiki.net, Commons, here at Meta and Hindi Wikipedia and few other sister wiki sites.
- An Administrator at Odia Wikipedia where I mostly do technical works fixing various technical issues and various other issues such as fixing license, improving, tweaking pages, keeping the site up to date, and help users getting around Wikipedia.
- Led and participated in various outreach events, workshops and Education Program for Odia Wikipedia and its sister projects.
- I have translated thousands of Interface messages at Translatewiki.Net for Odia and Hindi language Wikimedia projects.
- I was a committee member for Individual Engagement Grants at Meta for the first two rounds where I helped Wikimedians shaping the proposals and reviewing them with the other committee members.
- I was an Account Creator at English Wikipedia Account Creation Interface where I have handled about two thousand Account creation requests from the users and Wikimedia communities worldwide.
- I was an Online Ambassador for the India Education program 2011 in Pune, where I had assisted many students who were contributing to English Wikipedia.
- Also at English Wikipedia, contributed at many areas helping users and contents.
What type of support you need
- Internet; at least a dongle if I have to manage with existing Jio network speed (~2MBPS), which is the only feasible option available right now in my area. If I can get a better internet service by Google which I am not aware of that would be nice.
Why do you need this support (Internet and/or laptop)
- I have not been able to work at Wikipedia from last 2/3 years as my Laptop stopped working. I tried to fix it spending couple of thousands rupees, but it didn't work out at the end. I thought I'd buy a system when I'd overcome the money issue, but it's getting worse day by day. I have been eagerly waiting to get back to working at Wikimedia projects which I miss so much. My overall experience while contributing to different wiki projects has been very resourceful for me.
How will you use this in the next six months?
- Not just Six Months, as long as I could use it, I will try my best to utilize the laptop .
- I will be active at Odia & English WIkipedia. At English Wikipedia I will improve articles, help at Account Creation Interface. And at Odia Wikipedia I will perform admin related and other tasks and help new users with editing. I will also try to be active here at Meta, Commons and Odia Wikisource.
Community discussion and endorsements
Please keep the discussion friendly, and note number of endorsement may not be the only way to assess an application's merit
- Strong support A very good contributor. --Aditya Mahar (talk) 12:18, 14 February 2018 (UTC)
- Abha Pradhan (talk) |Contribs) 17:49, 14 February 2018 (UTC)
- Strong support Knowing Ansuman for a long time, I'd vouch for him as he has educated many of us about policy and guidelines on Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects. --Subhashish Panigrahi (talk) 01:59, 15 February 2018 (UTC)
- Strong support--Kannan Shanmugam (talk) 14:47, 16 February 2018 (UTC)
- Strong support Has contributed a lot to revive Odia Wikipedia from dormant state, A long term Wikipedia and an active contributor to Odia Wikimedia projects.-- Sailesh Patnaik 19:27, 16 February 2018 (UTC)
- Strong support Ansuman is one of the best Wikimedians, many Wikimedians including myself learned a lot from him about wiki ethics and guidelines.--Mrutyunjaya Kar (talk) 01:20, 17 February 2018 (UTC)