Creating a new one
Who do you have to ask, when you want to create a new one? --Flominator 06:15, 9 May 2009 (UTC)
- create a bug on bugzilla. Cbrown1023 talk 14:23, 9 May 2009 (UTC)
- Found out, that it is explained at Mailing lists. Maybe it's not such a good idea to redirect http://lists.wikimedia.org/ to Mailing lists/overview . What about linking it to Mailing lists? --Flominator 17:39, 13 May 2009 (UTC)
Mailing list proposal: antivandalism
Hi. Can we create a new mailing list about anti-vandalism topics? Tools, bots, attacks, researching, ideas, suggestions, etc. Emijrp 18:22, 25 November 2010 (UTC)
- The only concern that I can see is that the persons that shouldn't have access to that info would suscribe... Of course subscription options can be changed if desired. Best, --dferg ☎ talk 19:48, 25 November 2010 (UTC)
announce-l, why defunct?
Why is announce-l listed in defunct section? I know it goes on : 1) I keep on getting its email 2) You can see in its archive.
By the way, there is the info page at https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/announce-l , but announce-l is not listed in main page at https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo . Why? --SignorX 18:00, 20 January 2012 (UTC)
- Because it's been dead for two years and it's now superseded by WikimediaAnnounce. The listing is a privacy setting by the list admin, that list is completely useless. Nemo 21:37, 20 January 2012 (UTC)
- Yes, the fact of being listed there is a privacy option. Nemo 20:16, 25 January 2012 (UTC)
Merging mw:Talk:Mailing_lists ?
Links on Gmane are dead
I noticed that the links that are on the pages you get to via the gmane links all seem to be dead, e.g.
On the web, using frames and threads. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ dead link
- The web part of Gmane is effectively gone (see Lars's blog and
gmane.discussfor details), so theoretically these links could be replaced with their
nntpcounterparts, but as those who could use those links probably do not need them spelt out for them and those who cannot use them … well, cannot use them, they could be removed altogether. --Tim Landscheidt (talk) 13:58, 23 November 2017 (UTC)
- Actually, I saw several links to gmane.org come back recently. --Nemo 11:31, 24 November 2017 (UTC)