Creating a new one
Who do you have to ask, when you want to create a new one? --Flominator 06:15, 9 May 2009 (UTC)
- create a bug on bugzilla. Cbrown1023 talk 14:23, 9 May 2009 (UTC)
- Found out, that it is explained at Mailing lists. Maybe it's not such a good idea to redirect http://lists.wikimedia.org/ to Mailing lists/overview . What about linking it to Mailing lists? --Flominator 17:39, 13 May 2009 (UTC)
Mailing list proposal: antivandalism
Hi. Can we create a new mailing list about anti-vandalism topics? Tools, bots, attacks, researching, ideas, suggestions, etc. Emijrp 18:22, 25 November 2010 (UTC)
- The only concern that I can see is that the persons that shouldn't have access to that info would suscribe... Of course subscription options can be changed if desired. Best, --dferg ☎ talk 19:48, 25 November 2010 (UTC)
announce-l, why defunct?
Why is announce-l listed in defunct section? I know it goes on : 1) I keep on getting its email 2) You can see in its archive.
By the way, there is the info page at https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/announce-l , but announce-l is not listed in main page at https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo . Why? --SignorX 18:00, 20 January 2012 (UTC)
- Because it's been dead for two years and it's now superseded by WikimediaAnnounce. The listing is a privacy setting by the list admin, that list is completely useless. Nemo 21:37, 20 January 2012 (UTC)
- Yes, the fact of being listed there is a privacy option. Nemo 20:16, 25 January 2012 (UTC)