User talk:Asaf (WMF)
WikiConference India 2016 program
Congratulations again on your proposal being selected!
We hope you have registered for the conference. If not please follow the instructions at: http://wci2016.doattend.com/ If you are a scholarship recipient - use the Wikimedia Registration option. In case you are not attending or unable to attend, please let us know at the earliest so that the schedules can be readjusted accordingly.
The program schedule is available here: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WikiConference_India_2016/Programs
Please make sure you read the presenter guidelines. https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WikiConference_India_2016/Presenter_guidelines
We look forward to seeing you in Chandigarh!
For program committee
Dedicated to you...
You've a New Mail
Thanks for conversation about Wikimedia India
I appreciate your joining the conversation at Talk:Wikimedia_India#Wikimedia_Foundation_removes_recognition_of_Wikimedia_India_as_a_registered_chapter and look forward to talking with you.
- Hello, previously at Wikimedia India's talk page I asked
- Please share the budget and accounting of all the money the Wikimedia Foundation has invested in India in the past few years and has planned for next year
- In that accounting, please make it clear how much of that investment the Wikimedia community in India directs and manages, such as through grants.
- Can you share any accounting of the WMF's total financial investment in Emerging Wikimedia Communities, dividing that investment between what is WMF controlled and what is community controlled? Otherwise, what financial reports do you have about WMF investment in regions with Emerging Wikimedia communties.
- I would still like the India report, but I expect everything in the world is public, right? Thanks for whatever you can do. Blue Rasberry (talk) 12:08, 18 November 2019 (UTC)
- Hello, Lane.
- I'm afraid the data you request is not available to me as a neat single document I can share. I would if it were. The grant amounts are all public, and documented under the various grants in the Grants: namespace on Meta. As Katherine wrote on the talk page where you asked, the specific answers to your questions will be posted by people who do have access to that information. For a tally of those grants, that would be one of the grant administrators at the Community Resources team.
- Overall, I would like you to consider the possibility you are pursuing a false narrative of under-investment, nay, of deliberate under-investment in India, when that was never the case. I would suggest to you that the people encouraging you to pursue this narrative are not entirely on the side of truth here, but are pursuing a longstanding narrative of victimhood and alleged "undermining" stemming from WMF's 2011 decision to hire contractors rather than fund a whole team of employees working for the nascent chapter.
- You will not do any good for Wikimedia's mission in India through this inquiry, but you are of course free to continue wasting your and WMF's time on it, if you see fit. Asaf (WMF) (talk) 10:24, 23 November 2019 (UTC)
|"Hello, In this festive season of lights, rangoli, fireworks and sweets. I like to wish you & your family a very Happy and Prosperous Diwali". Regards,--Rajeeb (talk!)|