User talk:Beetstra

From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
(Redirected from User talk:COIBot)
Jump to: navigation, search


top links overloads/temp kills LiWa3[edit]

Hi. Running top links in any syntax, even for top 1, kills the watcher out of IRC, reappearing about a minute later. Can reproduce.  — billinghurst sDrewth 12:48, 19 December 2017 (UTC)

We've been ignoring that for too long .. the list is too long, takes too long to sort and hence time outs on different parts - main bot procedure thinks things are hanging and kills the process. --Dirk Beetstra T C (en: U, T) 12:52, 19 December 2017 (UTC)
Okay. I may deprecate some of the commands on the SWMT IRC page, unless you say nooooooo.  — billinghurst sDrewth 23:55, 19 December 2017 (UTC)
I will wipe the source file .. and if I have time will code a regular run of it ... —Dirk Beetstra T C (en: U, T) 04:03, 20 December 2017 (UTC)

Monitor mediawiki.org[edit]

Hi. mw: is being for some time getting targeted by spambots. If not already, could it be possible to monitor its local (black|whitelists) and IRC feed? Thanks! —MarcoAurelio (talk) 10:45, 6 February 2018 (UTC)

@MarcoAurelio: not sure if it is, I will check when I have access to putty. --Dirk Beetstra T C (en: U, T) 12:11, 6 February 2018 (UTC)
Thanks :-) —MarcoAurelio (talk) 12:11, 6 February 2018 (UTC)
COIBot is sitting in the channel in IRC, though I note that if I run a "findrules" for a url known to be in mw's blacklist, it does not return that result.  — billinghurst sDrewth 11:39, 15 February 2018 (UTC)

COIBot significant backlog ...[edit]

The backlog queue is into the many 0000s, do you think that we may need some more analysers working the queues?  — billinghurst sDrewth 11:35, 15 February 2018 (UTC)

Hmm, there were only 2 running (should be 6). I've added 4, will take some time to catch up .. --Dirk Beetstra T C (en: U, T) 13:22, 15 February 2018 (UTC)

Linkwatchers MIA  — billinghurst sDrewth 12:46, 17 March 2018 (UTC)

Thanks.  — billinghurst sDrewth 00:17, 18 March 2018 (UTC)
@SDrewth: kicked them on the server. No clue what happened. --Dirk Beetstra T C (en: U, T) 06:48, 18 March 2018 (UTC)

User encoding problems on lisankom report[edit]

Hello Dirk

When creating User:COIBot/LinkReports/lisankom.com COIBot had some problems encoding a couple of user names (encoded twice as utf-8?). These are shown in the wiki page as “سعيد عيسى الٔ and “عزوزي”, although they seem to have been by MediaWiki, from the recent changes, it seems to have been using “سعÙ<U+008A>د_عÙ<U+008A>سÙ<U+0089>_اÙ<U+0084>Ù<U+0085>عزÙ<U+0088>زÙ<U+008A>“ (hexadecimal: c3 98 c2 b3 c3 98 c2 b9 c3 99 c2 8a c3 98 c2 af 5f c3 98 c2 b9 c3 99 c2 8a c3 98 c2 b3 c3 99 c2 89 5f c3 98 c2 a7 c3 99 c2 84 c3 99).

U+0084, U+0085, U+0088, U+0089, U+008A are control characters (formerly known as INDEX, NEXT LINE, CHARACTER TABULATION SET, CHARACTER TABULATION WITH JUSTIFICATION, LINE TABULATION SET) and, -not only are forbidden in MediaWiki usernames- but are also problematic to insert in a text.

In case it helps, attempting to decode the string from COIBot fails (illegal input sequence), but encoding in utf-8 the already-in-utf-8 bytes of the reported user (سعيد عيسى المعزوزي) leads to the following output similar to what COIBot provided:

  • COIBot: c3 98 c2 b3 c3 98 c2 b9 c3 99 c2 8a c3 98 c2 af 5f c3 98 c2 b9 c3 99 c2 8a c3 98 c2 b3 c3 99 c2 89 5f c3 98 c2 a7 c3 99 c2 84 c3 99
  • Output: c3 98 c2 b3 c3 98 c2 b9 c3 99 c5 a0 c3 98 c2 af 5f c3 98 c2 b9 c3 99 c5 a0 c3 98 c2 b3 c3 99 e2 80 b0 5f c3 98 c2 a7 c3 99 e2 80 9e c3 99 e2 80 a6 c3 98 c2 b9 c3 98 c2 b2 c3 99 cb 86 c3 98 c2 b2 c3 99 c5

Cheers

Platonides (talk) 21:20, 9 April 2018 (UTC)

@Platonides: Yes, I know it seems to have problems there. I though I forgot to en/decode somewhere .. but maybe it is a double encoding. It does seem to have the same problem with the domains (report names) sometimes. I'll try and dig through the code once more, see what happens. Problem is that the console (putty) does not seem to understand the encoding either, and throws garbage at me, and perl has a nasty tendency to convert stuff when it shouldn't - which makes it difficult to check where it goes wrong. But it might very well be that I encode the name-string, and then finally encode the whole text again. Thanks for the analysis! --Dirk Beetstra T C (en: U, T) 07:54, 10 April 2018 (UTC)

LinkWatchers missing[edit]

Hi. COIBot is hanging around, though its mates the LiWas are missing. When you are next around and available, it would be great if you could kick whatever needs kicking. Thx.  — billinghurst sDrewth 11:49, 18 May 2018 (UTC)

All functioning. If you did something, thx.  — billinghurst sDrewth 00:06, 19 May 2018 (UTC)
I did, all bots were misbehaving at the moment. XLinkBot was basically dead, COIBot half blind, LiWa3 mute and UnBlockBot crashed. —Dirk Beetstra T C (en: U, T) 08:28, 19 May 2018 (UTC)