COIBot got logged out of meta
Hi Beetstra, it looks like COIBot got logged off from metawiki (last edit dates back to the 4th of January already - this issue is also report when requesting reports on IRC). Could you have a look at this issue if you can? Thank you very much! Daniuu (talk) 22:17, 22 January 2023 (UTC)
Need your input on a policy impacting gadgets and UserJS
Dear interface administrator,
This is Samuel from the Security team and I hope my message finds you well.
There is an ongoing discussion on a proposed policy governing the use of external resources in gadgets and UserJS. The proposed Third-party resources policy aims at making the UserJS and Gadgets landscape a bit safer by encouraging best practices around external resources. After an initial non-public conversation with a small number of interface admins and staff, we've launched a much larger, public consultation to get a wider pool of feedback for improving the policy proposal. Based on the ideas received so far, the proposed policy now includes some of the risks related to user scripts and gadgets loading third-party resources, best practices for gadgets and UserJS developers, and exemptions requirements such as code transparency and inspectability.
As an interface administrator, your feedback and suggestions are warmly welcome until July 17, 2023 on the policy talk page.Have a great day!
Samuel (WMF), on behalf of the Foundation's Security team 12:08, 10 July 2023 (UTC)
Questions regarding COIBot/LiWa3
I have some questions/bug reports regarding COIBot/LiWa3 and I hope that you (or Billinghurst) could help me:
- Are link additions monitored after a report is generated manually (poke, IRC, Talk:SBL) and if so for how long?
- LiWa3 does not seem to record zhwiki link additions at all anymore. Is that a bug or is there another reason?
- COIBot did not seem to seem to find any URL additions for subdomains after my
monitor azurefd.net ...command (azurefd.net is now SBLed). A bug?
- COIBot does not generate a report
forexregulatory.comif I ask it to via IRC or en:User:COIBot/Poke (Diff).
whoadded forexregulatory.comdoes returning additions. I tried a couple of times. I have the same problem with
I have read that COIBot and LiWa3 are written in Perl. I have some experience with Perl from a long time ago and would be willing to help in case of bugs. Count Count (talk) 13:37, 8 August 2023 (UTC)
- @Count Count Hi, some answers:1) links poked on reporting pages get ‘monitored’ until s.o. removes them (in the report you can see they were reported before). This is defined in the settings on COIBot’s meta settings page. The /poke page is to just get a report, those are not recorded as we needed a mechanism to get report or refresh reports just to see if they are worth reporting. Irc command also does not get recorded (and is rather anonymous so people do not see you are looking at ‘their’ links - also intentional).2) nope, no reason, may be a bug or a page coding issue. 3) not sure what you mean here.4) The Report save routine does time out or overload sometimes (that also avoids that it hangs on e.g. youtube.com). Links that are ‘not counted’ or whitelisted on LiWa3 also do not get saved - if they are on those lists the reports would not make sense anyway.Help is welcome, my time is very limited. Warning though, the coding is bad. Billinghurst, a couple of others or me can give you access. Dirk Beetstra T C (en: U, T) 04:20, 15 August 2023 (UTC)
COIBot failing to report on metawiki and enWP
Hi. I see that we are not getting reports written to metawiki and enWP for over a day. Seems to be running fine in IRC. That connectivity piece always defeats me, though I will see what I can shake. Though I am not near connectivity for the bots, so it may be a little while. — billinghurst sDrewth 21:08, 7 September 2023 (UTC)