Hello Administrator who comes to look at this page. I'm uncertain why it was tagged for deletion. Is it because I should have set up an account on wikipedia and not wikimedia? Thanks for your guidance!
Welcome to Meta!
Thanks for the email however we do try and keep conversations here on wiki so that others can easily follow discussion. As to your pages and project I confess I have no real idea how it fits in with the Foundation project etc. I'm sure other are better able to judge it than me. Regards --Herby talk thyme 09:22, 8 August 2018 (UTC)
- I was actually advised by another Wikipedian that I should make the page a subpage of our main project page. Hopefully that will make the connection clearer. Thanks for bringing it to my attention! Julia
Community liaisons of "Research:Testing capacity of expressions of gratitude to enhance experience and motivation of editors"
Hi Juliakamin(cs), I understand from here that you developed the research design during October and November, 2018 with some ommunity liaisons also of the wikipedia of german language. Is it possible to get to know who exactly and take a look at the reaerch design or are these secrets? (My first contact with this was through the article in the Kurier written by Christine Domgörgen, so I got curious). Regards Sargoth (talk) 22:44, 11 December 2018 (UTC)
thanks for asking
Hi Sargoth -
Thanks for reaching out and inquiring. No, right now we don't have more details posted about the design published other than the Meta article which you reference in your title: Research:Testing capacity of expressions of gratitude to enhance experience and motivation of editors. Part of the reason the specifics of the research design are not published is because they are still being developed; we have been working - and continue to work - with liaisons in German, Arabic, Persian and Polish Wikipedia communities to design the details of the study.
I can, however, share what we know about the design so far - and I will be more than happy to answer specific questions either here or through another medium you prefer and think appropriate. The main interest of the study is to see if receiving "Thanks" will have a positive effect on editors' contributions, encouraging them to edit more or, in the case of newcomers, encouraging them to continue to edit (i.e. be retained). In the study, we will prompt experienced editors to Thank other editors (newcomers as well as experienced) and, using publicly available data on Wikipedia, see if those "Thanked" editors contribute more (and for a longer time) than editors who did not receive an additional thanks. We will also send "Thankers" and "Thankees" surveys to ask them about their attitudes toward Wikipedia to see if giving or receiving Thanks will, for example, increase how closely connected they feel to the community.
Again, if you have specific questions about the study, we are more than happy to answer them. Likewise, if you have concerns, we thank you for sharing them. It is crucial to us that this study is done in a way that respects the norms and values of the community, so any concerns you may have are extremely valuable for us to hear.
- Perhaps it would be a good idea to communicate with the german speaking community. As far as I and other understand the approach of "asking" for thanks is not well received. --Bahnmoeller (talk) 11:45, 9 April 2019 (UTC)
- Hi Bahnmoeller, thanks for your note and, yes, we are very happy to see that the German speaking community is giving us feedback about the study and expressing their concerns. It is of utmost importance to us that the study is conducted in a way that respects the norms of the community. I know that Christine Domgörgen (WMDE) and Maria Heuschkel (WMDE) have already responded to some of the questions brought up by the community. We are also working with them to respond to a couple more (which you should see soon on the discussion in German speaking Wikipedia). In the meantime in regards to your concern about "asking" for thanks, it was likewise our aim that no Wikipedian be asked to do something they would be otherwise unwilling to do. We have designed the study so that only volunteers will be "thanking" others and we have striven to give those volunteers wide flexibility - using their own judgment - on who and what to thank. As with all studies, those volunteers can also choose to leave the study at any time. I hope that information somewhat mitigates any concerns you may have. Please, of course, let us know if you have additional thoughts. Thanks again. --Juliakamin(cs) (talk) 11:10, 11 April 2019 (UTC)
Hi! I’m contacting you because the dewiki landing page says you should be asked with questions about the survey. My problem is that the banner’s “Mehr erfahren” link has a huge bottom margin, which causes the banner link hover over not only the article title, but sometimes even the first line of the article, making them unselectable and the eventual links unclickable. A bit less severe problem is that the banner’s close button goes to the far right, which causes a horizontal scrollbar to appear. (I made screenshots of both issues showing the problematic DOM elements, but I don’t want to fill Commons with such images. Is there maybe a Phabricator board where I can create a task?) —Tacsipacsi (talk) 13:51, 22 June 2019 (UTC)
- Hi Tacsipacsi - Thanks for this helpful feedback. We're actually finishing this banner campaign in a couple of days, but this is useful information for us to have for next time we use banners. I'm tagging CivilServant's engineer Max Klein who in particular will want this information. He is also best to say whether it makes sense to use a Phabricator board. Thanks again! --Juliakamin(cs) (talk) 18:32, 23 June 2019 (UTC)
- Thanks @Tacsipacsi: for reporting the bug. I thought that I had fixed that issue, but I'm glad to know that it is not. Can you upload the screenshot to https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T226335, and tell me which browser/version you are using? Thanks again for caring! Maximilianklein(CS) (talk) 18:42, 23 June 2019 (UTC)
CivilServant Wikimania summit
Hello Julia. How's attendance number for the post-Wikimania CivilServant summit looking? I wonder if there's space to bring my wife (User:lhlconnie) along - she's a psychologist and interested in democracy and behavioral science. If instead you're full and there's a waitlist of prospective summit participants then I might give up my space so you can focus on your most important collaborators from non-OECD nations...! Deryck C. 20:39, 9 July 2019 (UTC)
Community Insights Survey
RMaung (WMF) 14:31, 9 September 2019 (UTC)
Reminder: Community Insights Survey
RMaung (WMF) 19:12, 20 September 2019 (UTC)
Reminder: Community Insights Survey
RMaung (WMF) 17:02, 4 October 2019 (UTC)
in your introduction, You should change the link "[[CivilServant's Wikimedia studies|here]]" to "[[m:CivilServant's Wikimedia studies|here]]", so that it will work on other Wiki, like frWiki. --ContributorQ (talk) 00:07, 8 December 2019 (UTC)
Ta for Thanks article
1. Thanks. (That is meta for you ;) 2. Fyi, fix: "podziękowania prawdziwymi wikipedysto. " 3. Sorry for brevity: mobile UI.
- And (to meta you back) thank you! I have asked our Polish colleagues what is the best way to make the fix, but if you have suggestions, please let us know. Cheers, Julia --Juliakamin(cs) (talk) 13:40, 12 June 2020 (UTC)
Request for data removal
Would you be so kind and remove my data from the research conducted by CivilServant?
Request for data removal due to spam
I am requesting data removal due to receiving unwanted spam on my talk page about random poll ( https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyskusja_wikipedysty:Mateusz_Konieczny#Czy_mogliby%C5%9Bmy_poprosi%C4%87_o_wype%C5%82nienie_kr%C3%B3tkiej_ankiety_dla_akademickiego_badania,_kt%C3%B3ry_pozwoli_nam_rozwin%C4%85%C4%87_Wikipedie? ). Talk pages should be used only for messages directed to specific user, not spamming all of them. There are global announcements that should be used instead of spamming all users by misused talk page message. Mateusz Konieczny (talk) 10:18, 12 June 2020 (UTC)
- Thank you, Mateusz Konieczny. Your data will be removed. Best, --Juliakamin(cs) (talk) 13:03, 12 June 2020 (UTC)
Data removal request.
I am requesting data removal due to receiving unwanted SPAM on my talk page. Talk pages should only be used for messages directed to a specific user, not for spamming. There are other methods, e.g. global announcements, which should be used instead of spamming all users. LukeEmski (talk) 17:13, 12 June 2020 (UTC)