User talk:Stephen G. Brown
Difficulty in renewal
To answer the question posed on the 'approved temporary' page, the issue is that the specific page you put your request on is not intended for that purpose: Stewards don't watch that page, so are not likely to respond there.
- Thanks. I wondered what was taking so long. Stephen G. Brown 04:52, 26 December 2009 (UTC)
Dear Stephen G. Brown, since you are an administrator on a wiki from which no user participated in this discussion, I'd like to make sure you are aware of some recent events which may alter what the Wikimedia Foundation lets you do on your wiki: Superprotect.
- Request for comment: Requests for comment/Superprotect rights
- An open letter about its implementation: Letter to Wikimedia Foundation: Superprotect and Media Viewer
Peteforsyth 09:50, 12 September 2014 (UTC)
Mailing list for global renamers
Dear global renamer,
We have created a mailing list for us to allow easy communication. Please subscribe here and send me or Trijnstel an email to confirm it is you requesting it. Additionally, you might be interested to know of the existance of the #wikimedia-rename IRC channel where you are welcome to join. Should you have any questions, feel free to use my talk page.
Hello, Stephen G. Brown,
I am contacting you because you have left feedback about VisualEditor at pages like mw:VisualEditor/Feedback in the past. The Editing team is now asking for your help with VisualEditor. Please tell them what they need to change to make VisualEditor work well for you. The team has a list of top-priority problems, but they also want to hear about small problems. These problems may make editing less fun, take too much of your time, or be as annoying as a paper cut. The Editing team wants to hear about and try to fix these small things, too.
More information (including a translatable list of the questions) is posted on wiki at mw:VisualEditor/Survey 2015. If you have questions, or prefer to respond on-wiki, then please leave a message on the survey's talk page.
Здравствуйте как мне известно вы имеете право переименование имени википедистов на глобальном уровне. Просьба к вам пожалуйста моё имя в Узбекской википедии Bir soddadil Uzbek, а теперь я хочу её изменить на Doniyorsher Juraev. Help me please, please and thank you...Подробности вы можете узнать, здесь мой профиль  с уважением Doniyorsher (talk) 06:08, 26 April 2016 (UTC)
- Привет Doniyorsher,
- Я искал ваш профиль, но не нашёл никаких подробностей об этом. Я даже не видел никакого упоминания о перемене имени. Пожалуйста, напишите что-нибудь об этом в профиле. А какое имя вы хотите, Doniyorsher или Doniyorsher Juraev? С уважением, Stephen G. Brown (talk) 12:07, 26 April 2016 (UTC)
No renaming between November 20 and November 27
You’re getting this because you’re a steward or global renamer. The Community Tech team are working on cross-wiki watchlists. We need to add a couple of fields to the localuser table in centralauth database. In order to be able to do this, we’d need to run a script that will get in the way of renaming users. Our apologies – we realize this is getting in the way of your work.
(UTC means that if you live in the Americas, it will be on the evening or afternoon of November 19 when the script starts running, and if you live in Oceania or eastern Asia, it can be closer midday on November 27 before we can be sure the script is no longer running.)
I want to be renamed
I heard that you are a global renamer. I would like to be renamed to miles527. If someone has already taken that username, you can change me to miles.527 or miles_527. Either is fine with me. Thanks. Miles.mu (talk) 22:00, 11 July 2017 (UTC)
I want to be renamed
I would like my username to be changed from Pietade to Pietadè.
When I started in etwi, some years ago, I was unaware of the possibility to add the grave accent on 'e'... "Pietadè" would be more correct, besides other, more or less personal reasons for this request. Thank You in advance! —Pietade (talk) 09:21, 24 September 2017 (UTC)
- Done. Stephen G. Brown (talk) 10:39, 24 September 2017 (UTC)
Hi, How well do you know Navajo?
- I've been studying it for 9 years, but I consider myself still at level nv-1. Stephen G. Brown (talk) 07:00, 15 April 2018 (UTC)
|Users by language|
- ah ok sure. If I may ask, I was wondering if you can translate "Village in China", Village inIndonesia" and "Commune in Morrocco". Im gonna update wikidata soon. Thanks. 184.108.40.206 16:07, 16 April 2018 (UTC)
- Not sure about the word "commune". That's not going to be found in any Navajo dictionary. An educated native speaker would probably think of something better.
- Tsiiʼyishbizhí Dineʼé Bikéyahdi kin dah shijaaʼ (village in China), Kéyah Dah Ndaaʼeełí Łánídi kin dah shijaaʼ (village in Indonesia), Eʼeʼaahjí Ghą́ą́ʼaskʼidii Biłikahii Bikéyahdi kintah ałchʼoniiʼní (commune in Morocco). Stephen G. Brown (talk) 01:38, 17 April 2018 (UTC)