AvoinGLAM is a collaboration between Wikimedia Finland, Open Knowledge Finland, and Creative Commons Finland around OpenGLAM issues.
- AvoinGLAM charter
- GLAM-Wiki activity plan for 2021 at Wikimedia Finland (Activity run with Wikimedia funding for Wikimedia Finland)
The 2021 activities are kicked off with a series of discussions. AvoinGLAM invites cultural practitioners from all directions to discuss Open Access to cultural heritage and co-create new initiatives together. See the event page in the AvoinGLAM blog.
- 4 February 2021 Cultural restitution in Benin with Andrea Wallace, Mahuton Possoupe, Fawaz Taïrou, Heikki Kastemaa, and Brigitte Vézina.
- 18 February Archival treasures of the Helsinki Metropolitan area organized by Helsinki Region Infoshare
- 25 February Crowdsourcing historical images organized by Ajapaik
- 4 March A wiki museum for Aleksanteri Ahola-Valo with Elpo ry and guest speakers
- 17 March Presented Hack4OpenGLAM in Open cultural data in citizen science organized by CitizenHeritage Erasmus+ project at Open Belgium
- 27 May Data Roundtripping at Wikidata Lab XXIX
- 29 June Hack4OpenGLAM 2021 Launch
- TBD: Kickoff meeting of the Saami place names project
- TBD: Public Domain and the new DSM legislation. Discussion and support materials for GLAMs.
- Coordinating Hack4OpenGLAM at the Creative Commons Global Summit. This activity is managed by Creative Commons Finland and administered by Open Knowledge Finland.
GLAM case studies
- BiographySampo to Wikidata (Collaboration with SeCo / Aalto University, HELDIG and the Finnish Literature Society SKS)
- Saami place names to Wikidata as lexicographical data (collaboration with WMNO and Finnish partners)
- Structured data for GLAM-Wiki/Roundtripping Collaborative enquiry into case studies and challenges based on the results of Wikimedia Commons Data Roundtripping. (collaboration with Wiki Movimiento Brasil).
- Jupyter Notebooks for spatial reconciliation at the Wikimedia Hackathon. Part of a joint effort to promote the use of the Wikimedia PAWS environment.
- From digitization to Open Access for small collections (Based on the Ahola-Valo discussion)
- Digital guide: working with open licences. This project is a proposal for a collaborative effort to create a generic guide for publishing as Open Access, based on the The National Lottery Heritage Fund's publication by Dr Andrea Wallace and Dr Mathilde Pavis at the University of Exeter.
- Hack4OpenGLAM 20–24 September. Submission at The Wikimedia Conference Grants. Successful.
- Public domain. Submission at the Finnish Ministry of Education and Culture.
- This Month in GLAM February 2021 Finland report: Focus on learning by Susannaanas
- This Month in GLAM March 2021 Finland report: Enriching indigenous items in Wikidata by Yupik
- This Month in GLAM April 2021 Finland report: Saami place names by Susannaanas
- This Month in GLAM May 2021 Special story: Wikimedia Hackathon report: Upgrading GLAM tech tools and PAWS by Fuzheado, Abbe98 & Susannaanas
- This Month in GLAM June 2021 Special story: Play, experiment and cross borders at Hack4OpenGLAM by Susannaanas