Please add your translations of the Wiki Loves Earth Biosphere Reserves 2016 competition page so they can be added to the website, the website currently has translations for:
- Wiki Loves Earth 2016 has not started yet. Wiki Loves Earth will start in June. You may still share your images, but they will not be eligible for the competition.
- Welcome to the Wiki Loves Earth contest! This is the upload wizard for photos of protected natural objects and areas.
- Wiki Loves Earth 2016 is closed. You may still share your images, but they will not be part of the competition.
Wiki Loves Earth has partnered with UNESCO to create Wiki Loves Earth Biosphere Reserves, a photography competition to create free to use images of Biosphere Reserves around the world on Wikimedia Commons, the media site for Wikipedia.
10 winning images will be featured in a blog post on the UNESCO Man and the Biosphere website, shared by UNESCO social media accounts and go through to the international Wiki Loves Earth competition.
Wiki elsker jorden
Wiki Loves Earth is an annual international photo contest of protected natural sites, in 2015 over 100,000 images were entered from 26 participating countries. Wiki Loves Earth is also taking place for all protected areas in some countries, click here to find out more and take part.
Biosphere Reserves are areas of terrestrial and coastal/marine ecosystems or a combination thereof, which are internationally recognized within the framework of UNESCO’s Programme on Man and the Biopshere (MAB). Each Biosphere Reserve promotes solutions reconciling the conservation of biodiversity with its sustainable use. Today there are 669 biosphere reserves in 120 countries belonging to a World Network of Biosphere Reserves.
Wikipedia is one of the most used educational resources in the world, receiving over 15 billion page views per month. Wikipedia lets us work together to educate people about the natural world and how we can live sustainably. You can take photos of any subject within the Biosphere Reserves including species, landscapes, biodiversity, climate change, sustainable development and cultural diversity.
Du kan også hjælpe flere folk til at tage del ved at:
- Dele denne besked på facebook.
- Retweete dette tweet.
- Contact the Biosphere Reserves in your country to tell them about the competition.
- Share the competition with photography clubs, universities and any other groups you think may be interested. The competition is an amazing opportunity for communities and visitors to Biosphere Reserves to create photographs of the sites and learn more about them.
There are many other ways for Biosphere Reserves to work with Wikimedia, for more information please click here. A press release for this competition is available on the UNESCO website here and on the Wikimedia Foundation website here.
Sådan kommer du med ind
Click on a Biosphere Reserve on the map below:
- Click on Biosphere Reserve to go to the UNESCO page for the Biosphere Reserves to find out more about the site and links to the Biosphere Reserve website and a map where available.
- Click Enter Competition to be taken to Wikimedia Commons to upload your images for that Biosphere Reserve.
- Create a username on Wikimedia Commons or log in to your existing account, please do not use the name of an organisation as your username.
- Attach an email address to your Wikimedia Commons account in the preferences section.
- The upload wizard allows 50 images to be entered at a time. If you wish to enter more images please click the link on the map again. There is no limit to the number of images that can be entered.
Note: many Biospheres cover large areas so points on the map do not represent the whole site, more information is available by following the Biosphere Reserve link.
Alle billeder skal være:
- Self taken; All entries must be original photographs uploaded by their authors. Photos uploaded by anyone else than author (even with permission) are not accepted.
- Uploaded during the contest period (June 5th - June 30th 2016); You are also welcome to submit photos you may have taken in the past. What matters is that photos must be uploaded during the contest period.
- Vær under en fri licens.
- Contain an identified Biosphere Reserve: a lists of eligible sites can be found on the map below and on the Man and the Biosphere website.
- Images can be any resolution, however the images must be at least 2 Megapixels (1600x1200) to be entered into the international competition.
- Uploaded using the map below; images uploaded using the standard Wikimedia Commons upload wizard will not be entered into the competition.
- Participation in the competition is free of charge and there is no limit to the number of images that can be entered.
- The 10 winning images will be entered into the international competition, the rules for the international competition are available here.
- Images can be uploaded to Wikimedia Commons at any time but will not be entered into the competition outside of June 2016.
In addition to Wiki Loves Earth Biosphere Reserves UNESCO have made all official descriptions of the Biosphere Reserves available under a Creative Commons license and are working with the Wikimedia community to convert them into Wikipedia articles for all Biosphere Reserves. Find out more here.
If you are involved with a Biosphere Reserve and would like more information on other activities please click here.
Genbrug af billeder
All photographs available on Wikimedia Commons including those created as part of this competition are available free of charge, for more information on reusing the images please click here.
For spørgsmål og yderligere detaljere send en email til J.Cummings@unesco.org
- A European bee-eater (Merops apiaster) in Ichkeul National Park and Biosphere Reserve, Tunisia. Photo by Elgollimoh, freely licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0.
- Carpathian Biosphere Reserve, Zakarpattia Oblast, Ukraine. Photo by Vian and retouched by Iifar, freely licensed under CC BY-SA 4.0.
- Cormorants at dusk on the pond of Vaccarès, part of Delta du Rhone Biosphere Reserve, France. Photo by Ddeveze, freely licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0.