Wikimedia Argentina (Asociación Civil Wikimedia Argentina in Spanish language) is a private non-profit association, governed by the regulations of the Argentine Civil Code. It is an independent organization that serves as the local Wikimedia chapter in Argentina.
After about one year of preparation with informal meetings, the inaugural meeting of Wikimedia Argentina took place on September 1, 2007, with 28 founding members. During the chapter's founding, a constitution was drafted, the bylaws were approved and the first Board was elected. On December 11, 2007, Wikimedia Argentina was officially recognized as a Wikimedia chapter by the Board of the Wikimedia Foundation.
Wikimedia Argentina's goals are to actively contribute to the diffusion, improvement and progress of the knowledge and culture in the Argentine territory, especially thorough the promotion and support of the projects hosted by the Wikimedia Foundation. Wikimedia Argentina is also an affiliate organization of Creative Commons Argentina and part of the advisory committee of Conectar Igualdad.
Currently, Wikimedia Argentina has more than 70 members and has organized several activities for the promotion of Wikipedia and related projects, including Wikimania 2009 and the Ibero-American Wikimedia Summit 2011. Wikimedia Argentina has done workshops and presentations throughout the country and has signed agreements with cultural and educational institutions like museums, archives and libraries. Wikipedia en el aula has become a point of reference for the promotion of Wikipedia in educational contexts.
- Website: http://www.wikimedia.org.ar (in Spanish)
- E-mail: correowikimedia.org.ar
- Facebook: @WikimediaArgentina
- Twitter: @wikimedia_ar
- Bylaws (in Spanish and English).
- President: Ivana Lysholm
- Vice President: Galileo Vidoni
- Secretary: Ivana Molena
- Deputy Secretary: Mariano Pérez
- Treasurer: Nicolás Giorgetti
- Deputy Treasurer: Jorge Abreu
- Board Members: Andrea P. Kleiman, Esteban Zárate, Ana Clara Nicola
- Audit Commission: Lucas Agustín Reynoso and Nahuel Kahles.
- Executive Director: Anna Torres Adell
- Culture Manager: Angie Cervellera
- Education Manager: Luisina Ferrante
- Wikipedian in Residence: Mauricio V. Genta
- Community Manager: Constanza Verón
- Project Education Assistent: Florencia Guastavino
- Communication Officer: Tomás Marchetta
Wikimedia Argentina is an association composed of different members with a common goal: the promotion of free knowledge. If you want to be a part of us, you have to complete the form available at http://www.wikimedia.org.ar/inscripcion/.
You can request to become one of the following types of members: active members must be older than 18 years and have a valid account in a Wikimedia Foundation project, adherent members must be older than 18 years and junior members are younger than 18 years. Honorary members are proposed by active members and accepted by the Board of the Association. Article 9 of our bylaws describe the rights and duties of each category.
Membership fees are 100 Argentine pesos per year for active members and 50 pesos for adherent members. Junior and honorary members are free of charge.
You can also help Wikimedia Argentina by giving us a donation. You can take a look at our website to get the details on donating.
In any case, most of our activities don't require membership or donations to participate. We need everyone who is interested to support our goals and who want to promote Wikipedia and the other Wikimedia projects.
- Activities of Wikimedia Argentina
- Publications of Wikimedia Argentina